Questions on Overhang/Cartridge Alignment using Dr Feikert Protractor on VPI Classic 3

So I recently bought a used VPI Classic 3 that came with a low hours Soundsmith Zephyr 2 cartridge.

I wanted to make setup as accurate as possible so I bought the Dr Feikert Protractor.
I first make sure that the Spindle to Pivot length was correct which I read online was supposed to be 258mm.

See pic below.

This was measured by taking off the tonearm and measuring exactly from the spindle to the bare sharp point of the unipivot point.
After that was done I mounted the cartridge to the arm and got the step 1 in perfect bullseye.

Step 2 however is where things get off.   I'm coming up about 2 mm long on step 2.

Step 3 is also off as its about 1.25 mm short of the line.

Here is a shot showing approximately the location of all 3 points.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this where it hits all 3.   I'm at a loss being that the Spindle to Pivot point is right on at the 258mm length which i was told is correct for the VPI Classic tables.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
newguru
@chakster, never comment on something you have never used yourself.
I have zero problems with the reflective surface of the SmarTractor. I suspect that is because it is perfectly flat. As for the Feikert I have looked at one closely just never bought one because it is vague and I never thought it was worth the money. It is not a fine tool. For decades I used the DB systems protractor. With some modification it is reasonably accurate and inexpensive.   The SmarTractor is a fine tool and I have used it. I can not imagine anyone doing it any better.
I have both a Feickert (the original version) and an Acoustic Sounds protractor.  (I own the more complex predecessor to the SMARTractor; I'd rather have the latter, but I ain't spending another $600 to acquire it.)  Both are fine tools for the job.  The AS is probably capable of more precision than the Feickert, but the Feickert takes about half the time to use in set-up.  Surely, it is unfair to say the Feickert is "vague", if you then tout the DB Systems.  But this is nothing for us to argue about.
@mijistyn SmartTractor is just like Feickert but for crazy price with help for blind people. 

I paid no more than £100 for my new Feickert.

I am talking about Dr. Feickert NG (next generation, the latest, not previous versions). Here is a mini review. 
The MoFi Geo Disk for $50 is all you need. With this the alignment is achieved with the stylus at the same level as when playing a record. You could achieve the same exact thing by taping the free download onto an LP. To tell the truth, my Origin Live Sovereign turntable and Enterprise arm came with alignment printed on a card stock thick piece of paper. Just for fun after setting alignment with the Geo Disk I checked it with the piece of paper. All exactly the same.      

So when people talk crazy price, yeah. Anything more than zero, or $50 for sure, qualifies.
Chakster, AS is even more precise than the Feickert, if you want ultimate accuracy, and if you have the patience to use it as directed.  It's a real precision instrument.  If you want me to cite the many ways in which it is more precise (if used properly), I could do that at the risk of boring anyone else.  Maybe contact me privately. I admit I more often use my original version Feickert, especially when I am just interested in a short term audition of a cartridge. I don't think there are too many blind persons doing cartridge set-up.