So what ever happened to Kinki Studio???

Wasn't Kinki Studio all the rage when they first came on the US scene with a quasi-US Distributor?  It seemed like there was no shortage of positive feedback and people who either owned one and were blown away or people who wanted one and couldn't stop posting about them.

Now that there is a new Distributor, why so quiet? Where did all the hype go?
dznutz
@ooctaviuss 

I own the original version of the M1, the EX-M7 and the current EX-M1+ in black.  If you need the extra features of the M1+ now or think you might in the future it is well worth the extra couple of hundred dollars.  I think you might have to spend quite a bit more to get a better sounding integrated. I have used the various Kinki amps with at least eight different pairs of speakers and haven't run into a bad match yet. If the sound fits what you are looking for then just go for it.  
Because the EX-M1+ (I reviewed and own the version just prior to the one with the gold heatsinks exposed; see my review at Dagogo.com) has such splendid flexibility to be an integrated, preamp or amp, it offers many ways to achieve a superior result. It is not a given that it will sound best as an integrated. Owners should try it also as dedicated pre or dedicated amp. I bought it because it does a fine job as preamp or as amp, too. It's a no brainer for me to have a component that allows me to build so many good systems without clogging up with several other components that may not sound any better. 

Now that class D is showing itself to be superior to class A or A/B amps in some cases, then I'm not so excited by an A/B integrated. However, once again, the flexibility of the EX-M1+ saves it. I would not buy a typical integrated A/B amp nowadays, but with this I can build a lot more interesting systems. So, the A/B amp with all the extra functionality is worth having. Does it guarantee a superior outcome? Of course not; one has to build all the rigs to find the best result, and most will not have the money to commit, or the time or energy to do so. But, it's my thing. So, if you're just going to do an integrated and never experiment with alternative systems or discrete opamps, then imo you're not benefitting from most of what the EX-M1+ offers, the ability to make and compare several iterations of systems to achieve optimized sound (and by that I do not mean SOTA).  

I'll bet the majority of you haven't even thought of some configurations possible, i.e. splitting the pre or DAC out with a Y cable and running one to subs, while running the other to the EX-M1+ as dedicated amp. Or, how about this? Split the preamp out of the EX-M1+ to send four outputs to four channels of amps to passively bi-amp speakers. Would that sound better than bi-wiring with two channels? Perhaps not obvious to some, you would have to build the systems to know. There are so many potential configurations it would make your head spin! A person who simply uses this as an integrated hasn't begun to tap into what can be done with it. It's like a Swiss Army Knife of components. 

If the updated EX-M1+ still offers discrete opamp rolling, I strongly� encourage - obviously, a "do at your own risk" activity! - looking into that as well. I have been most pleased with the Staccato Opamps, and I am using them in both the EX-M1+ and the Eastern Electric Minimax Tube DAC Supreme, with terrific results. 

For the interested, before you begin asking all sorts of questions here, please read my articles on the integrated amp and opamp rolling, as I have several articles about opamp rolling. The inevitable question arises, which opamp is the best? I enjoy mixing and matching them, but the best set that I have used so far - new, upgraded models are coming all the time - is Staccato. 
"The inevitable question arises, which opamp is the best?"

That's easy. No opamp at all.