PrimaLuna Evo 200 underwhelming

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help or advise. I bought an ex. Display Primaluna Evo 200 a couple of weeks ago, mainly based on all the rave reviews and excellent comments on various forums. I must say, that vocals are terrific but overall, the sound seems muffled. There seems to be a hole where the mid range detail should be. I have tried the 4 and 8 ohm settings and there doesn’t seem a great deal of difference. I am using it with a Linn Genki CD player and Robson Acoustics Opulus speakers, also Vintage Tannoy Mercury speakers. I haven’t messed with the tubes because I have no idea how to do that. I so want this amplifier to sound beautiful but there is something missing. Can anyone help please?
golfnut2
I would try the KT150 tubes. The EL34 tubes will give you a fantastic midrange but not the extreme bass or highs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even though I've not acutallu heard a  150,,I am saying your comment is snakeoil

THe 34,88,120's sound almost identical in my system, dif amps,.
The EL34 has  just as good bass, highs, as any other power tube
34=88=120
My friend who uses 120's says he did not care for the 150.
So tahts that.

Its the preamp slot that makes ALL the difference.

If a Tele in the pre slot does not help  out,,then we know  this amp  is not his cup of tea..
I will also add
Yes get rid of the chinese 34's. 
Try EH. again this might help.

I bought a  olde model PL preamp,,,and pluged  in  6 Tele.s 12AU7's , did not like the sound,, back it went.
I should say, after thinking about the 150, My friends vote does not count, Why?
If Jadis designs a  amp, specifically for the 150, you know its a  great power tube.
IMHO the 34 vs88 vs 120 vs150, good luck on a  blind test.
Even SET's sound very close to PP amps,
Minus the 300 B tube which was made for telephone companies back when.
Pre amp tubes make the dif, 
Wish to single out the Gold Lion 88's. I did not care for that sound. too mushy...

@holmz My comments above are all within ultralinear. I have not tried triode yet. But I certainly will. Thanks. 
There seems to be a hole where the mid range detail should b

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know
Thinking it over and visiting the EVO web site,, intergrated or pure amp??
Either. Both use all 12AU7’s in the front section.
Same as the PL Prologue linestage I had tested last year.

Just wondering,,,is if a all 100% 12AU7 pretube section, somehow misses that lil kick in the midrange??
Now I love 12AU7’s. as the most important tybe in a AX/AU circuit,,but seems possible leaving out the AX in the front,, somehow a AU just can’t add that punch to the mids..

Thing is, Cayin in the super duper linestage SC10 mark2, also employs 4 AU’s in the circuit, zero AX;’s.

I really wanted that linestage at one time,,opted for a 2000, well used Jadis DPL..

anyway,
thats the only thing I can figure out whats going on here,,as the build is stunning and impeccable, like all Spark China amps/linestage

https://upscaleaudio.com/products/primaluna-evo-200-tube-integrated-amp

NOTE::
PL employs takman Resistors, 
1st class, But I;'m guessing  REX carbon..
I don't like carbon, has to be REY's Metal for superior details and resolution.
The REX/Carbon are too smooth, prfect for jazz fans that adore  their overly warm sound,,which makes no sense to me, as 
warm + warm jazz recordings = 2X's warmth.
YUCKKKK
Try swapping out the Rex for Reys, and see what happens. 
Order from parts Connexion
Warm in the seanse of melding/meshing the midrange all together,, ultra smoothhhh, 
but then  cuts off the crystaliztion factor.
carbon offers a interesting image, no doubt.
But ultimately I opt for Metal. 
I think Takman offers best metal resistors. 
I also think once the Rex's are swaped to Rey's the quad of 12AU7
's will offer the best linestage circuit.
The AX = 100 amplificatio factor
AU= 20.
Honestly a  all AU linestage would work better in my system as I am now using high  sens WBers, and don't want that added push from the linesage's AX's in the circuit.
This would allow more gain control on the  vol pot.
The DPL had 2 AX's but my tech after modding with Takman Rey's , a  few weeks later,, suggested the circuit could swap out  one of the AX's fora  AU,,and it worked like a  charm, = superior performance,, so the other day,,i  attempted to swap out the  other AX for a  AU = no go, 
So based on this swap of  AX for a  AU, with superior results,,, leads me to believe AU's are a  superior tube for a  linestage circuit,. Which is why Cayin employs a  quad of 12AU7's. 
Smart.