PrimaLuna Evo 200 underwhelming

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help or advise. I bought an ex. Display Primaluna Evo 200 a couple of weeks ago, mainly based on all the rave reviews and excellent comments on various forums. I must say, that vocals are terrific but overall, the sound seems muffled. There seems to be a hole where the mid range detail should be. I have tried the 4 and 8 ohm settings and there doesn’t seem a great deal of difference. I am using it with a Linn Genki CD player and Robson Acoustics Opulus speakers, also Vintage Tannoy Mercury speakers. I haven’t messed with the tubes because I have no idea how to do that. I so want this amplifier to sound beautiful but there is something missing. Can anyone help please?
golfnut2
What does a red LED to the right indicate?(Their manual download from PL/HQ only has up to page 10)
@keeferdog Wow. You weren’t kidding (I didn’t think you were). Today I received and installed a set of 8 KT150s from TubeDepot and I am putting my PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP through its initial workout of a very big playlist via Roon/Qobuz. This is an entirely new amp! Where do I start? Compared to the stock EL34s, the soundstage is huge. Imaging is great. Bass and sub bass is big and tight. Everything is bigger and more forward. Highs on cymbals and high hats are discrete. It is just better in every way. And this is just on the initial listening session right out of their boxes! Before these KT150s I was thinking of selling this PrimaLuna. It was just ho-hum. Now? Unreal. This thing is going nowhere. Thanks for the tip on the KT150s. By the way, TubeDepot was great to work with and very responsive to my shipping concerns and everything worked out. I will let them know too. If any of you own a PL, check your manual. If you can use KT150s! It will revolutionize your amp. No kidding.
 The tubes are EL34’s.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My  favorite tube, as price is lower than the 88's, and as i am a  cheap scape right now, after WASTING< so sooo much cash in audio past 2 years,, EL34's are IMHO the best power tube
I've heard 120, 34.88, the 3 ,,add SET 250 tube,, they all sound near identiacl..

I did try the very popular Gold Lion KT88's and I did not like them

I had a  PL pre amp bouught used,, in the 1st few minutes I know it was not what I was looking for..

Yes it is made in the very same plant as my fav tube amplifier, CAYIN...
THey look close same build,, but for soem reason they do not sound the same.
I returned it and gave the guy a  gracious restock fee of 20% (I do this on all my returns).

Not saying all PL designs have issues,  just adding my 2 cents. 
It was a  older preamp model, still its my belief PL and Cayin sound different