TT and cartridge choice

I recently upgraded my audio system. I have:
- Klipsch ForteIV
- MA352 integrated amp
- Cambridge CX2 streamer
- Panamax power management 

I want to upgrade from my basic turntable running a 2M red and I am quite lost as to what would work best. I don’t love to fiddle too much with things after setup. My budget is $3500. I was thinking moving magnet but I am happy to be educated.

turntable and cartridge suggestions/advice welcome. I was considering the ProJect 6 Perspex SB 
zeeeee83
The Project Pespex is dull and needs more detail and transparency according to What HiFi. I would stay away. The Technics 1200GR (1210 in black) with an AT760SLC mentioned above would be a great table under budget and you’ll have mons left over for software.
I was also thinking about the Rega P6 with the 2M Black. I am hesitant to use a MC with my amp/preamp (MA352)
@zeeeee83 - I originally had a 1981 Rega Planar II with the glass platter, but was never satisfied with the sound.- the glass platter is particularly problematic - great for wow/flutter - lousy for sound quality

After 25 years of "investment" in tweaks and upgrades my TT is now finally sounding amazing.

But the only original parts left from the old Planar II is the lid and the on/off switch
- here are my upgrades...
Turntable Mod’s | My Audio Alchemy (image99.net)

The Music Hall range has many/all of those tweaks built right into it, so I believe it is the better of the two brands.

You could save some oney and drop down to the Music Hall 7.3 with the Ortofon Black cartridge.- a great TT/cartridge  combo

If you decide to go with an MC cartridge I can highly recommend Simaudio MOON phono stages - they are beyond whisper quiet and can accomodate most of todays cartridges
- even the entry level Moon 110LP v2.
  • End-user adjustable gain settings for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges (40dB, 50dB, 54dB, 60dB, 66dB)

The 310LP is another level up from that and an extremely adept performer

Hope that helps

Regards - Steve

That Mac only has a mm phono section. The only mc that you can use is a high output one!

Technics 1200GR and Audio Technica AT740ml cartridge.

This will give you extra dough to get a separate phono stage. But see how it sounds with the Mac stage before moving to a separate phono stage. 

The Technics will be difficult to beat. Made in Japan...a drop of spindle oil every 20 years. The AT cart is right at the top of great MM carts.

MC carts are great when they don't hum. And the cantilevers are scary thin.