Speakers Damaged via FedEx, A Neverending Love Story

So here we are, my Focal 1028's were on their journey to new a new home. Insurance was purchased, so not to worry, I thought. Speakers we're boxed up with original packing materials and extra precautions for corner bumps and extra packing bubbles added for the final touch. The speakers showed up, severely damaged, cracked and chipped as if given a lovely toss off a loading dock and drug into the warehouse. But I had insurance, so not to worry....

This is where the fun has begun. Buyer was very very accommodating and understanding so I made my way to show them how I will support them through filing a FedEx claim as I had insurance. Well, low and behold claim was denied and they asked for more documentation of the boxes being shipped. Documentation provided. I follow up a few days later and am told it takes a week to process. I follow up 7 days later, claim was never opened as documentation wasn't up to their needs. Resubmitted and waited another week. Here we are, almost a month later still waiting for FedEx to work through their bureaucratic red tape. Buyer has now grown tired and filed a claim through PayPal with a dispute with FedEx not me as a swller. Not sure how that will work out, but he's been very patient so I can't knock him. 

Any advice from speaker buyers or sellers who have dealt with this scenario with FedEx? I'm a patient one, but am trying not to fly off the handle at FedEx about this as I understand the pressures they are under at the moment, but this is becoming ridiculous. As bad as if sounds, a day later I got an offer for a local sale, but morally couldn't have canceled to the first seller. Ah, trying times.....
128x128j-wall
@missioncoonery I'd believe a states attorney will definitely speed things up. I've even heard of people contacting a local attorney. If this doesn't remedy itself by the end of the week I will definitely be contacting someone.

@noromance from now on I definitely will. I thought the speakers weighing 90 pounds each box would prevent them from tossing the boxes around, but alas I've been proven wrong again. 
@j-wall  I'm speaking from experience. QUAD ESL57s bolted to 2 pallets and completely bubble wrapped 12" thick, and boxed! Cost $1000 with insurance.
I must be lucky! Over the past five years all the many speakers bought have arrived safely using USPS, FedEx and UPS. Including two pairs of Quads and a pair of Snell Type A's.
The claims process is miserable.  If an item is damaged beyond repair and you are looking for the full value, it is very hard to get them to pay.  Usually if it is a repair, the whole process is much easier but they very much depends on the valuation.  

That being said, you can't take too many photos of something getting packaged up.  And make sure you photograph the box with no labels on it prior to shipping.  They do take pictures of the box and if there is another label on it, claim will be denied guaranteed in case it is lost.