ATC SCM7 or Legacy Studio HD for small living room?

Morning all,I am looking to upgrade my system from a great hand-me-down of a Rega Mira Integrated amp, and Epos S12 speakers, Rega Vulcan Sub.  So far, I have the Rega Elex~r integrated and want to do the speakers next.
I have been wanting to try the ATCSCM7, based on hearing them a couple of times, and reading a lot of similar impressions -strong, articulate, detailed, good sound stage and depth, a sort of great all around music speaker.  However, a friend is recommending the "Legacy Studio HD bookshelf/monitor speakers".  His professional opinion (works in music and electronics industry for decades) is that these are among the best he has ever heard, especially for around $2000 compared to the ATC7s.

My system is multi-purpose (home entertainment), and wide range of music. I like strong, tight, articulate mid presence and a sort of live acoustic barn room sort of feel, but detailed.  I am NOT all that worried about sound stage, and can sacrifice that as my space is not and CANNOT be set up truly properly.  It's sort of, they can only go in one spot, and be set one way, sort of thing.  So tone, presentation, pace, detail, speed, projection usually are more important to me.
Thank you for time and experience and thoughts.

128x128amtprod
epos es12’s are a very nice speaker, excellent midrange purity and good coherence top to bottom

i have not heard legacys but i suspect the atc’s will be a step up in refinement from the epos, and, with a very good and powerful power amp, would probably play louder without strain than the epos

that said, there are many excellent standmount speakers for 2 grand a pair that may be very good for your application, and a good bit easier to drive than the very inefficient little atc’s
I have heard the Legacy Studio HD at AXPONA a couple years ago. I could not believe it was this speaker that was playing the music. Because there was a floor stander next to it and the music had the weight and scale that would suit the floor standers. So I was surprised when they told me that it was this small speaker they were playing. Of course I did the "confirm, but verify" and was it was indeed the small speaker. Another one like this was the Atohm GT speaker. Even smaller than this but had amazing bass and scale of a floor stander. I agree with your friend on the Legacy Studio HD.

Have not heard the specific ATC you mention and hence cannot comment.
The ATC SCM 7 is a good sounding speaker and sounds like their large ones, just with a roll off that occurs higher as its a smaller woofer. The SCM 7 was Billy’s idea of a legacy british hi fi speaker, great midrange, terrific piano and orchestra, small size and excellent bass response for a 5 inch. Uses the same tweeter and same "small coil large gap" woofer  as the larger speakers.  There is a cool QC test of the SCM7 woofer at the end of this factory tour - 20 volts at 7Hz. The hand made driver has to with stand that to pass and go in a speaker. https://youtu.be/dF-Ux7h1Auk
I wish there was a place i could hear the Studio HD locally...  I wanted to try a pair a few years ago,  but to order them most likely in a premium finish was too risky if I didn't like them.   I need another pair of high performance monitors....