New to Turntables

My Father sent me a box of 45s and I no longer have a record player. Albeit, I do have some old LPs stored away.  So I thought it was time to get at least a serviceable record player.

I opted for the Denon DP-450USB. All the reviews say that the cartridge on this player is sub-par, so I have ordered the Ortofon 2m Red to replace it.

The question I have is on the best setup, based on what I have.  The Denon player has a built in pre-amp and my Yamaha TSR-7810 has a Phono stage connection.

Would it be better to use the player's built in pre-amp? Or switch the pre-amp off and use the Yamaha's pre-amp? I suppose it is a matter whether Yamaha's pre-amp is better than the built in Denon player's pre-amp.

Any thoughts?
128x128guakus
Technics SL1210 mk7 ($900 new), separate phono stage (schiit mani cost $120). 
I'd guess that the Yamaha's preamp is better, but its subjective and the only way to know for sure is try both and see what you like.  You may find that the impedance of one or the other mates better with the 2M Red.  
Standard MM input is 47k Ohms nowadays by default, very few phono stages will give optional load impedance for MM.

Phono cable capacitance can make a difference for MM cartridges, use low capacitance cables.

Try both and see. Bearing in mind the one in the table is brand new and will take some hours to smooth out and sound its best. Even the one in the Yamaha, while it has been powered it hasn't had any signal running through it. Probably the differences will be obvious enough this won't matter but keep this in mind in case they are close.
@chakster

When you say, "low capacitance" cables, are you speaking in reference to the RCA connection or the ground connection?

I have two sets of mid-fi RCA connectors and haven't decided which to use.

I have Audioquest Ruby X3 and Monster Cable Reference 2, both circa 1995. Then use whatever ground cable comes with the record player.