Is improvisational jazz to impressionism art as smooth jazz is to realism art?

So, I’ll acknowledge up front, I’m an engineer. Civilian and Warfighter lives can be in the balance depending on whether our company products perform as required or not. As a result, I try very hard to drive the entropic world we live in towards black and white as much as possible. I need to put order to chaos. When i look at art, impressionistic art requires a lot of mental work to make sense of. I just don't see it or get it, appreciate it or like it. I also find, as hard as i may try to enjoy improvisational jazz, that i don't get it, appreciate it, or like it. Instead, I love Realism art and instrumental smooth jazz!!
Reading from Audiogon forum pages for a couple of years now, i feel like i should feel inferior because 1. I don’t appreciate the free flow of expression that is improvisational jazz and 2. I love that there is a tune and thread in smooth jazz. I love the guitar artistry of Chuck Loeb, Chris Standring, and Acoustic Alchemy; the trumpet expressions of Rick Braun, Cindy Bradley, and Chris Botti; and the bass works of Brian Bromberg. 
I’m curious if there are many others out there that equate order (or lack there-of) in their music tastes to that of their taste in the visual arts?
Also, are there many other music lovers who would rather enjoy a good smooth jazz listening session than improvisational jazz?  If so, who do you listen to?
128x128estreams
@facten:

"Classic Jazz" is a term most often used to describe Dixieland, so now I'm really confused.

I'll just say that I've never heard anything by J. M. that has any elements that remotely approach Smooth Jazz. His music is far too harmonically and rhythmically complex for that.  

Let's just lay this one to rest. 
Like I said now for the 4th time I never said that JM plays smoothjazz but you keep insisting that I have. As far as my using the term classic I was thinking of Miles, Charlie Parker  and the like. If  you google classic jazz those and other artists come up . End of story, done with you
@yuviarora:

There is no way for me to verify whether what you assert is true or not.
It could be labelled a conspiracy theory but again, I have no way to authoritatively disprove it.

I find there are plenty of challenges in life that are undeniably real -- I don't have any desire to add to my stress by dwelling upon things that might or might not be true and over which I have no control. But that's my choice-- I'm not in any way suggesting I know what's best for anyone else. 

Post removed 
@yuviarora I am replying in public because I never pointed anyone out, several people turned this thread into a political view, not just you, and nothing in my post was political. And then you went and insulted me. Why? I did look up the CIA and art as I never heard that before and yes, I doubted it, but I did my own research and found it very interesting. Thank you.  I will not get into your comments about vaccines, it’s not a good use of my time, but  I will ask you to do research on who (meaning both person and party)  pushed through the “right to work” laws that allowed your company to get rid of you for not getting the vaccine. Are you willing to educate yourself like I did when you asked me?