Free Shipping - Be Careful!

I want to let our community know that we need to be careful when making purchases and accepting “free shipping”.  Here is the story, I recently ordered a set of KT150s from TubeDepot. I was offered free shipping. I accepted it and wrongly assumed (mistake: never assume) that they would use a reliable shipping carrier to ship their expensive, fragile glass vacuum tubes. A reliable carrier to me, IMO and personal experience means either FedEx (my preference) OR UPS. Did TubeDepot do that? No! They shipped with USPS. The problem is that the tracking number isn’t working. Their is no documentation that USPS took possession of the package. While TubeDepot has a nicely written page describing USPS’ problems they still use them and this information is not readily available on their website. If I had this information at checkout I would have chosen FedEx and paid for it. I suggested to them that they should put a link to this information right on the checkout page where buyers are going to choose their shipping. I think this transparency would empower buyers to make an informed decision, take ownership of that decision, and save the vendor a lot of time with back and forth emails about where the product is and why the tracking isn’t working. Bottom line: free shipping may be bad shipping. Don’t blindly assume that the free shipping method is good. Ask the vendor who they use for free shipping before making your purchase and act accordingly. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xkingbarbuda
@kingbarbuda

I understand your post and your point, thanks. 

Opinions on delivery services vary greatly, which is not surprising. I depend on the seller offering shipping to consider these risks. It would be difficult to get me to pay for an undelivered or damaged package. (I’m sure I’d feel differently if it was a rare product or a time sensitive situation.)

Hope your tubes arrive safely.
The point of the post is that all three mailing companies suck and that Amazon should sell tubes so that we can get it the same day and return without any hassle. Bam!
An undelivered package won't be covered by credit card company if seller can prove they shipped. Doesn't cover delivery services.
Echoing numerous preceding accounts - 
I've had poor experiences with USPS, UPS and FedEx related to -  misplaced/lost items, late deliveries, damaged parcels and delivering parcels w/o my signature (required) while saying falsely I had signed.
UPS and FedEx blamed their sub-contract delivery agents.
Unacceptable sign-of-the-times.
The waiting can be stressful yes I understand but if you paid for perceived better shipping the package may be delayed, arrive damaged or get lost. All the tubes I’ve bought over the years were shipped using usps and arrived just fine. Delays and damages from all shipping companies are bound to increase during the holiday shipping season as well. I just sent back an amp FedEx obviously dropped and damaged contents. Hit or miss during these sick weird times 😷.  I don’t drink alcoholic beverages anymore I take CBD and smoke a bowl I do to calm and relax me old bones and enjoy the music. Hope your tubes arrive soon