Need help buying new speaker cable

My Tara Labs Apollo speaker cable broke at the negative terminal end.  I will need to replace them.  What cables would you recommend?  I would like to know what cables out there would be comparable.  I would like to upgrade but they need to be affordable. A local dealer recommended Audioquest Robin Hood’s but they cost $2,000.  I just can’t spend that much money.  I am looking at Audioquest Rocket 88’s for $1,150.  Any ideas?  I would also like to know what the sound difference be compared to my Appolo’s?  I still have a difficult time you can hear a sound difference between one cable and another.  
128x128larry5729
There are many excellent cables in your price range. The most established and highest selling companies are WireWorld, Transparent and Audioquest. Cardas and DH Labs (very cost effective) are also good companies I have used. If you are not hearing important differences, then I would work towards minimizing cost. Companies like Cablco offer rentals so you can compare. Used cables are sold at 1/2 price.

I would start with The Absolute Sound and Stereophile, the recommended products. Established companies like I am talking about have house sound… so if their top of the line is well reviewed and would sound good in your system, then the less expensive version will get similar sound for less money. If you system needs something or doesn’t then choosing the right cables can really be a good move. If my system is perfectly balanced and I want clear transparency I go with Transparent… if my system was a bit too analytical I would look to Cardas. All the brands I mentioned above are highly reputable and make great products (personally Audio Quest has never done anything for me).

But if the differences remain difficult for you to distinguish, then perhaps drop the cost way back and save it for the next component upgrade. Do that well and there will be a big sonic difference.
I replaced theTara’s on my stereo set (ESL’s) with Audio Art Cables. Big improvement.
Robert @AAC runs frequent sales, sign up.
I moved the Tara’s to the surround fronts to great effect.