Question on Denon DL-103 retipping options and preferences

I have been looking at getting a Denon DL-103 retipped and I have narrowed it down to getting it done by Steve at VAS or by Andy at Needle Clinic. 

Both companies approach to the DL-103 is very different and I am curious if anyone has heard cartridges from each or what you think that may be better for amazing sounding rock.

Steve recommends a wood housing and then will do a Boron/MR retipping, where Andy will modify the plastic housing on the DL-103 to convert it's enclosed outer body to a half nude body, lightening it up which he says will make it track better.  His conversion will be a micro ridge nude stylus (sapphire/boron cantilever) 

So as stated very different approaches, same cost for the most part, I have ruled Soundsmith out just based on time, I know Andy turns around in a day, but have read a lot about both so I figured I would ask the question to see where people lean more often.  I do already have an ebony housing, just want to get a cartridge that punches way above its weight.

If there is something I should look at outside the DL-103 I would be open to hear about it.

Just for the record this cartridge will be going on a SOTA Sapphire VI with an Audiomods series 6 tonearm and I have a McIntosh MP100 going to a tube rolled Schiit Freya+ driving by two Odyssey Kismet monoblocks and Martin Logan speakers.  
128x128justinrphillips
The best results of moded 103's are with the Audio Musikraft shells. It has consistently been making the Stereophile Class A component list. I have a VAS moded 103R with MR stylus that I use with the Musikraft shell.  The shells are ~ 17 gm (bronze) and with the 103R comes to a total of ~ 21 gm. It is my preferred cartridge given the output voltage of the 103 is ideal. It sounds fantastic with my Kuzma 4P 11.
I have a 103D with no cantilever. I bought it new many decades ago and probably it got de-cantilevered in storage. If I can find it, I’ll send it to anyone who wants it for the cost of shipping.The 103 and its variants are a sort of religion among those who love them. Much like the Lynn LP 12 turntable. There is no point arguing about that.

On the other hand, I don’t think one can legitimately argue that the cost of high-end LOMC cartridges is ridiculously high and then simultaneously argue that the Denon DL103 is not very good, because it did not cost very much when it was new. Which was 50 years ago or so.
I just googled: Andy Kim needle clinic Bellevue, Washington and the business shows up as "permanently closed".
Is he still working on cartridges somewhere?

Thanks
Post removed