Quantum Science Audio Thread

This is a thread for those who wish to discuss Quantum Science Audio products of all types.
tommylion
cerberus79
A few months ago I purchased a used pair of speakers from another Agon member.
To my surprise all the fuses were Orange fuses. I listened to them and then to satisfy my curiosity I replaced them with ordinary buss fuses and could not hear a difference.
I did this test with a bunch of friends and neither I or them could hear a difference. Kind of just says it all doesn't it?

To those non technical thinking of purchasing these $$$ fuses. Just save your $150+ and do this instead.

A fuse:
1: two end caps
2: short piece of fuse wire connecting the two end caps through a glass tube (that’s all she wrote).

To those "non technical" members that are interested in "maybe" wasting their money, do not listen to the non-technical, listen to the technicians of this industry that design the audio products you have and listen to. AND YOU WON"T SEE THEM ON THREADS LIKE THIS AGREEING WITH WHAT SAID HERE ABOUT THE SOUND IMPROVMENT DETAILS AND AC FUSE PLACEMENT DIRECTION, EVER!!!
Just clean and tighten your fuse holder and re-new your fuse (if old) with a good quality 50cent Bussman, Littlefuse or similar.As with "many switch-on surges" they do deteriorate, bend, stretch and get crusty with electrolysis formations on their fusible wire elements before they give out, as these pics show of a fuse wire element ageing over time show. https://ibb.co/9NbTwqK (even the $$$ boutique ones will age just as much also)

Cheers George
Just upgraded from 2 Blues to 2 Yellows in the phono and poweramp. My premap already had a yellow fuse in there.

With just under 12 hrs on burn time, the system is sounding pretty crap. Quite bright/Thin and the music sounds quite constrained. Doesnt have any body to the sound. And yes the fuses are installed in the correct direction.

Also with the new Yellows soundstage is very small and the music plane is very flat with little depth

When i initially got the Blues in my system it was an instant no brainer with instant improvements all round. This was coming from factory fuses. The Blues then continue to improve over a 4 week period.

I hope the yellows will improve over the next few days.
Two Reds in my Antipodes CX 

Huge upgrade from two yellow fuses.

Forget all other colors, go Red 🥸
So I tried the Stones last night. Two each Red, Blue, and Clear. They sound pretty much as described on the site. Except they don't just work in those areas alone. In other words the Red isn't just for lower range. They all work across the whole band. It is sort of like they are all doing the same thing but with a slightly different flavor or balance.   

It was only one night so not a huge amount of time to try them everywhere. I like to start small and places it shouldn't work, so put the first one on the Sovereign motor pod. Wasn't expecting much, didn't get much. Oh well it is only one and a motor after all.  

Moved it to the Raven, on top of the center cover which is where the power transformer should be inside there somewhere. Okay this definitely is a little better. Not a lot but realize this is one Stone, two per package, so $43 for the one, I guess maybe it is $43 worth of improvement.   

Gradually adding them one at a time until all 6 are in a row on the cover. I like the Red the least so put them on the outside, Blue closer to the middle, Clear between Blue and Red. 

Each one alone is okay but kind of missing here and there. All 3 types combined together is magic! I was having my most enjoyable listening experience, ever! 

The combination of all 3 Stones together is smoother, deeper and more natural than compared to say the one Blue QSA fuse. Which I guess is about right since 3 sets of Stones costs a lot more than the fuse. If the budget was $80 I would say get the fuse. No doubt. When the budget gets more up around the price of three sets, this is about the price of a Yellow fuse and I haven't got my Yellow yet so can't say. But the fuse can be used one place only so Stones might be the way to go for someone who likes to move stuff around and experiment more.
George,
Show me on the doll where the bad fuse touched you.

Your answer is here
cerberus79
A few months ago I purchased a used pair of speakers from another Agon member.
To my surprise all the fuses were Orange fuses. I listened to them and then to satisfy my curiosity I replaced them with ordinary buss fuses and could not hear a difference.
I did this test with a bunch of friends and neither I or them could hear a difference. Kind of just says it all doesn't it?

To those non technical thinking of purchasing these $$$ fuses. Just save your $150+ and do this instead.

A fuse:
1: two end caps
2: short piece of fuse wire connecting the two end caps through a glass tube (that’s all she wrote).

To those "non technical" members that are interested in "maybe" wasting their money, do not listen to the non-technical, listen to the technicians of this industry that design the audio products you have and listen to. AND YOU WON"T SEE THEM ON THREADS LIKE THIS AGREEING WITH WHAT SAID HERE ABOUT THE SOUND IMPROVMENT DETAILS AND AC FUSE PLACEMENT DIRECTION, EVER!!!
Just clean and tighten your fuse holder and re-new your fuse (if old) with a good quality 50cent Bussman, Littlefuse or similar.As with "many switch-on surges" they do deteriorate, bend, stretch and get crusty with electrolysis formations on their fusible wire elements before they give out, as these pics show of a fuse wire element ageing over time show. https://ibb.co/9NbTwqK (even the $$$ boutique ones will age just as much also)

Cheers George