If Power Cords Don't Matter...

First of all, I don’t own any high-end power cords, mostly because I can’t fit them behind my rack. Second, I am not trying to stir up controversy, as you will see from my question. I understand that the people who believe power cords make no difference argue that once the power gets into the component, the AC is converted to DC and the power supply of the component takes over completely. I think I have that right for the most part. So it that’s true, and it probably is from a traditional EE standpoint, why is it that I have not heard anyone say that power conditioners make no difference? I am not aware of anyone with a decent system ever saying that a Niagara or Triton or Audience teflon conditioner didn’t affect their sound, for good or for bad. So if the EE theory is true, wouldn’t power conditioners make no difference either? I have an Audience AR6T for almost 10 years and I think it made a big difference. BTW - I am not talking about Power Plants, which deal with voltage stabilization, which is a different topic.  Obviously, if your AC voltage is way off, it's going to cause problems.  
chayro
One would think that they could put a scope (or A2D) on the power coming out the end of that cord… and then actually see some things that are other than 60 Hz (or 50Hz) being removed.

If I was able to see some high frequency noise on the bad cords, that was removed on the good cords, then it would be easier to imagine that that is a reason to believe in using a fancy power cable being worth having.

This post won the award for the most simpleton-minded.  

This post won the award for the most simpleton-minded.

The awards even for just participating, have been in news for a while:.
https://novakdjokovicfoundation.org/participation-awards-good-or-bad/

And it looks like it is good to encourage the kids.
Unless u have 12ga from fuse box to your stereo system, power cords will be,only snake oil.

, 20ga thin basic wire from box to outlets in house, but add a 400$ power cord and the instruments are floating on a membrane of awesomness that whisks and makes everything just seem right...

give me a break. Tried power cables, same, same, same!    The 12” of $400 power cable from outlet to wall with .....let’s say over 150-200,feet from basement breaker box with 20ga wire and. Zmost use thinner wire for running to outlets. 
Put springs under your amp and preamp to take away microvibrations which cause the sound to get mumbled, but with the $90 springs the sound just floats into my ears, like a country slow moving stream.  The audio is night and day difference.  The music is so liquid, and sounds s msound ch better.

Fortunately I run 4ga all the way from the panel to the conditioner. So I got that one covered. And springs. Whew. What a relief. 
arcticdeth,
Why are you using 20 gauge wire? Are you describing something incorrectly?

Almost all homes today use at least 14 gauge for most 15 amp circuit wire runs. Never heard of anyone using 20 gauge.

For my 3 audio dedicated outlets, I ran 10 gauge wire each. Which was a pain to work with.

millercarbon, I can’t imagine 4 gauge wire to snake through walls...

ozzy