2 Subs

Anyone using 2 subs in a 2 channel system? I bought 2 M&K KX-10SF 8" subs that will be placed 3 feet apart underneath a pair of Lipinski 707 monitors that are 5 feet apart and 43" high. They will be hooked up via rca's. I got them NIB for 190.00 each so I thought why not get 2? Would putting the subs on stands help any? The room is 12x14 w/ 8' ceiling. Your thoughts or advise. Thanks to all.
polk432
I am using two REL Strata 5 subs. Keeps excellent pace with my horn speakers. I have them on granite blocks placed on 3 point isolation brass cones. This really makes the bass tighter. I also weigh them down with custom cut granite for the top. Again another improvement plus the matt mirror top looks nice. The granite really works to 'focus' the very deep notes to my ears. The low end is 16hz on the subs.All the additions made incremental gains to the sound from the basic subs.
Thanks to all for the great advice. I just received sub #2 and hooked it up today. I'll try some different positions and tweeks. These little M&K 8" subs really crank. I'm only sitting 7' away, but someday I may move the system downstairs to a 38x14 ft 8' ceilings and really crank um up. I never thought I'd like the sound as much as I do, and for just over 400.00 for both delivered, Im glad I did this. Thanks again to all.
I use 2 Velodyne HGS-15s controlled by an SMS-1. They're mounted essentially in the corners, but pulled out a bit. The system is used for both music and HT. A listener is unaware of the subs, except for the realization that the mains could not be producing certain sounds, the felt more than heard vibration when a low pedal note is opened on a pipe organ, for example. HT LFE does its own thing, so an explosion can make you feel the pressure wave.

I think one sub is essential, and two are better.

db