Porsche

Never could figure out the affiliation of Porsche to audio gear as there is so much reference to that particular automobile here in this forum. Now I know why, cause it's the "Real Deal!"

https://youtu.be/eDSUEmIn4ak

128x128navyachts
996 GT2 is a lot of car. Porsche genius has since figured out how to get even more performance while still being plenty comfortable for daily driving. But I was in a 996 with M030 (I think it was) and yeah that is one stiff unforgiving ride.
MC- oh yeah, and the CGT more so, based on some of the stats. One of the things that GT2 did do well was put down its power smoothly, and there was plenty of grip, so you could move ahead quite quickly, especially once the turbos really kicked in. I never liked turbo cars for their binary quality (Jeckell/Hyde) but I gather the 930 was a handful. The guy who serviced them had a lot of rare stuff-- aside from the celebrity cars , real factory race Porsches that were made based on the general contours of the 911, early pristine 911S (73 and earlier), etc. All were customer cars (though I’m sure some trade was done).
One of my biggest criticisms of the car (in its 996 guise) was the interior- a plastic, here’s a push button tray made out of plastic in a 200K dollar car (more when you add all the equipment they wouldn’t allow the car to come in with by buying on the dealer side here).
There was also something special about the "click/clack" of the gated gearbox in the Ferraris. I gather that’s history now and they don’t even offer a manual shift car. The gated shifter was part of a ballet of driving the older cars, which depended on revs to get torque and speed. 12 cylinders sounds big, but the engines needed to be run hard to get speed. Porsche can make monster speed- almost no contest.
There is something quite appealing about older cars, which is why I bought the pre-war car. If I had found the right XK140 drophead, I might have been happy for a while. I was no longer into speed, or even measured events, but more into the long distance rally. We did the Targa Florio back in the ’oughts’ and it was fun even in a Flintstone mobile.
I have a Burmeister in my Porsche.....don't bother.    Driving faster than 20 miles an hour and its the same as the Bose.
Yeah, sound systems in high performance cars are a waste. I wanna hear what’s going on on the road. I had a fancy system installed in my first Ferrari (McIntosh amp, etc.) and about 3 or 4 weeks after I had the car, had him remove all of it and put a blank plate where the radio was meant to go.
In a big Euro Sedan, we had a kick ass stereo installed; the woofers ate up half of the trunk space. It was amusing. And then we moved on....
Post removed 
More to discover