A MEMBER IN NEED OF SUPPORT

Many of you know david_ten.  David has been a respected and knowledgeable member of this forum for some time.  His musical journey has taken him down an interesting and thoughtful pathway.  He has always been a gentleman with a positive thing to say. When other members were at life's end, it was David who reached out to them. 

I have had the privilege of getting to know David a bit outside the realm of this forum. Sadly, David's safety and home encountered some trying times with the recent devastating hurricane in New Orleans.  Fortunately, he and his family are safe. However, his home sustained significant damage.  Trying to move forward with limited water, food, gasoline, and no electric service has been difficult indeed.

Please offer David a word of encouragement and/or your prayers during this difficult time. I'm sure he would appreciate that.  Yet one more reminder of all that we have to be thankful for.

corelli
david_ten,

We’re so glad you and your wife are safe!  Were you able to save anything from your home?

All the best!

JD
david_ten

Glad to hear you and your family are safe.  The devastation in New Orleans and environs is mind boggling.  It was also quite shocking to hear of all the drowning deaths here in NJ and across the river in NYC. 

Bad things happen to good people, hug your family as they are the most precious of all that surrounds you.

Warm Regards,
barts
Those who've never experienced a horrible disaster like a major hurricane, tornado, wildfires or, for that matter, war, often don't realize how lucky they truly are. It's one thing to see & read about events like this in the news and feel sorry for those souls caught up in it but quite another to live through something like this and/or have loves ones who are. I don't know david_ten and can't recall if I've ever read any of his posts. Regardless, my heart and prayers go out to him, his family & loved ones  and all of the good people in this country and on this planet going through such trying times. Godspeed david_ten!   
Thank you so much for your prayers, kind words, and outreach.

There are folks much, much worse off than us. Many who have lost everything.

Individuals and organizations from all over the U.S. and locally are helping out, in so, so many ways. It is amazing to witness.

Communities farther away from the coast are making progress and are slowly returning to ’normalcy.’ The progress made in just over a week is significant in those areas.

The stereo gear is in good shape, as far as I know. I will know more once I can power the gear on. Components which were not in use were against the wall that took the hit. There was water damage in that area. Lost one TV where the chimney collapsed.

The wing of the house that is damaged is fully tarped now. Waiting for the insurance adjuster to assess before the tree can be completely removed.

Most importantly, we are all fine. In a strange way it has been an enriching experience. Suffering and hardship have delivered perspective, life lessons, and appreciation for many things usually taken for granted. Neighbors and strangers have come closer together and are helping each other out. Faith is re-invigorated and recharged.

As a friend shared with our seven year old son, none of this is taught in school.

It is wonderful hearing the connections many of you have shared with South East Louisiana and with the regions up north that were impacted by this storm. Thanks.