Upgrade Time

I hate to post another integrated vs separates discussion but I could use some input. My current system is Olympica Nova II's, Cambridge 851N (streamer/DAC/preamp), Cambridge 651W (amp).

I'm planning on spending <$10K on my next component upgrade which I'm thinking will be a new amp. I'm curious how folks here would allocate that money. My initial thought is to use that money towards a separate amp and just go all in on that. In a year or two I can upgrade the preamp or DAC. I certainly wouldn't be spending more than $10K for this future upgrade. Probably closer to 5-8K but who knows, maybe I'll feel compelled to go big again.

Given how far integrateds have come, however, I'm wondering if I'd actually be better off spending the 10K going that route.

Either way, I'm curious to hear which models you recommend. 
128x128jpearson3131
If you're into this for the music, get an intergraded, if you're into the hifi hobby, get separates and try to spend all 10k on a used 5 star amp (like Jeff Rowland).  
As cerrot mentioned about Rowwlands- You could probably acquire a gently used pair of Jeff Rowland Class AB Model 12 monoblocks for a very good price if you search around. Originally $12,000/pr...Maybe $3000-$6000 for the pair used? Not sure.

Your Olympic Nova’s, like my JM Lab Mezzo Utopia’s are 4 ohm speakers.The Model 12’s are rated 350W into 4 ohms. Wonderful amps. The difference being the Mezzo’s are 92.5dB.

Best of luck!
With a little patience, you can find demos.  Nice ones.  Check Reno HiFi for Pass.  Nice prices.  There are several other ones.  Music Room, Upscale Audio, etc.  Upscale has a 2600 DAC new that is supposed to be awesome.  
This subject hits home for me. I’m going through an audio change to simplify things for my wife whom is much smarter than I with her fancy degree but she can’t operate my setup. She’s actually afraid of it, 4 power switches and proper sequence to turn on and off is to much for her, she is afraid she will break something lol. FedEx is delivering a Hegel h390 today that I’m gonna slide in position where my tube preamp and tube amplifier sit and hear it out. I have an Opportunity 205 does double duty movies and music, Chord Cutest, Lumin U1 mini with power booster,  (gonna be fun comparing steamer and DAC capabilities with the Hegel)  and a Mobile fidelity turntable and phono pre. I’m looking so forward to this It’s gonna be a fun Sunday! Hmmm I think I’m a promiscuous audio ho