Power conditioner some say yes and some say no.

Depending on who I ask a power transformer conditioner can have a good effect on the sound while others claim they inhibit the dynamics of an amp. I don’t have serious power problems as far as I know but I enjoy my sound most of the time. I currently use a Hydra 6 for my entire system except for my amp where I use a Hydra 2. Would it make sense to invest thousands on a power transformer conditioner or would my Hydras be enough by isolating the components from each other. I was waiting for a Keces IQRP 3600 to try but the dealer I was to get it from died from Covid-19 before arranging my Keces to be shipped. I am out $4000 and am not so fast to drop another $4000 on the Keces. Perhaps in the future if it makes sense. I find that not many use transformer conditioners due to the dynamics limitations of the amp. Any help would be appreciated.
128x128mitchb
Sometimes there is issue with the ac from the wall. In this situation I am told a power transformer can be helpful but I also am told that if you don’t have ac issues then a conditioner is unhelpful and can be detrimental.
I pulled my power conditioner from my system about a month ago and so far I hear no difference. But I am in the middle of a major system change and only heard my previous system without it for about 2 weeks. My new system sounds great so far without it. I originally purchased it in my previous home where it made a huge difference. So I agree that it depends on your specific power situation.
There is an excellent recent article on this by John Atkinson in Stereophile; you know, the guy that does all the measurements. It’s worth the read. Of course, there are many other articles on this, as well.

From what I’ve read, there are many factors that affect "line hash" and other power issues. Generally speaking, you are much more likely to have measurable "line hash" if you live in a larger city, as opposed to a burb or more rural area with good or reasonably good electricity delivery infrastructure. The age and/or quality of the wiring in your home is an important factor, as well.

I’ve been using a Monster power conditioner for many years. I honestly can’t recall hearing a difference when I started using it with the system I had way back then. If there was one, it was likely very subtle, which is why I have no clear recollection of this. Usually, when something blows me away, like speakers or a component I heard even 50 years ago, I remember that component, its model number, the shop or place I was in at the time and who I was with. So, I’m relatively certain whatever difference there was with the Monster was subtle, at best. At this point, I wouldn’t dream of leaving it out of my chain because of the protection it provides to my components. Best way to arrive at your own conclusion on this is to try it. Worst that can happen is you take it back for a refund.
Best to just try it for yourself. Sell if it doesn't do the deed.

Some forum advice just increases nervosa. You already have experienced there is a camp with and without.
Tube gear are the only components I seem to gain much improvement on when using power conditioners.  While conditioners can greatly reduce the noise floor, particularly with SET amps, they often negatively impact the dynamics and soundstage from my experience.  I have had recent success using isolation transformers (eg. Equi=Core), which I find reduces the noise floor without negatively affecting the dynamics.  These products are a relative bargain in my view compared to other products.  I'm a huge fan now.