Ethernet cables

So I've been streaming for just over a year (I'm really an analog guy, listen about 75% to my TT set-up). Been listening to Roon/QoBuz via my MacBook Pro thru a Bricasti. The Bricasti is hooked-up via a Ethernet cable to an Xfinity "POD"  which works well. Yesterday got in a Roon Nucleus and what a great sonic improvement! Very happy. But here's the question. I'm using a very good Ethernet cable from the Bricasti to POD but how important is the Ethernet cable from the Nucleus to the switch? Personally I haven't done much comparisons with Ethernet cables. 
(Dealer disclaimer) 
sksos
Hi yoby, I have the same via blue cable from my router to the SotM switch se with master clock inside. But from the switch I can only strongly recommend the ENO system from network Acoustic !!!!!
I also saw a big difference when you put a linear power supply to your router/modem.
I'm about to pull the trigger on a  Bricasti M3 with their optional Network Interface. 
I have concerns about a difficult ethernet cable installation from the white Xfinity xFi Router/Modem located in another room after reading this FAQ.   

https://www.bricasti.com/en/consumer/network.php

I have an xFi Pod with the two ethernet jacks but isn't that ultimately still a WiFi connection?

Not very digital source savvy from over ten years with just a Mac Mini WiFi to a Squeezebox Touch and a Metrum NOS Mini.

M
I have an xFi Pod with the two ethernet jacks but isn’t that ultimately still a WiFi connection?

It is, but hard wiring the M3 to the xFi Pod with an ethernet cable will be an improvement over WiFi from the xFi Pod to the Bricasti: better signal stability.

If your WiFi strength is good at the xFi Pod, then you’re good to go.

Later, you might consider hard wiring the xFi Pod to your WiFi router (or a network router), if it’s not too much trouble.
Later, you might consider hard wiring the xFi Pod to your WiFi router (or a network router), if it’s not too much trouble.
So, the DLNA (I don't know what that is) they say won't be supported over WiFi will function?
But in the end an uninterrupted ethernet cable from the modem/router is preferred?