PrimaLuna Evo 200 underwhelming

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help or advise. I bought an ex. Display Primaluna Evo 200 a couple of weeks ago, mainly based on all the rave reviews and excellent comments on various forums. I must say, that vocals are terrific but overall, the sound seems muffled. There seems to be a hole where the mid range detail should be. I have tried the 4 and 8 ohm settings and there doesn’t seem a great deal of difference. I am using it with a Linn Genki CD player and Robson Acoustics Opulus speakers, also Vintage Tannoy Mercury speakers. I haven’t messed with the tubes because I have no idea how to do that. I so want this amplifier to sound beautiful but there is something missing. Can anyone help please?
golfnut2
PL has a warm, pleasant sound. To my ears, it was not too detailed. It is a good amp in my opinion to mate with modern loudspeakers that are detailed, analytical and bright as it balanced those things out nicely. 
But I too found that over time PL was not exactly what I was looking for.  I would, however, recommend trying different power tube variants if you can afford it. 
I will have anther go at swapping the input tubes, they solid though. Apparently the was ex display and never used, it certainly looked untouched out of the box. Just answer an earlier question, the Robsons sounded great through a PL Prologue Pre amp with Cyrus X Power amp. In hind sight, maybe I should have gone for that combo and it may have been a whole different story. 
So, $1800 for Cyrus, $2200 for PL Prologue, $4k vs $3k, so assuming higher cost components and separates makes sense. Sounds like you'll always doubt the PL Evo, regret not purchasing the PL and Cyrus. I'd say go with the combo you already enjoyed.
Thanks and I am sure you are right, it’s hard to make the right decision sometimes and we always seem to be looking for something, whatever we have. That’s the nature of this hi fi disease.