PrimaLuna Evo 200 underwhelming

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help or advise. I bought an ex. Display Primaluna Evo 200 a couple of weeks ago, mainly based on all the rave reviews and excellent comments on various forums. I must say, that vocals are terrific but overall, the sound seems muffled. There seems to be a hole where the mid range detail should be. I have tried the 4 and 8 ohm settings and there doesn’t seem a great deal of difference. I am using it with a Linn Genki CD player and Robson Acoustics Opulus speakers, also Vintage Tannoy Mercury speakers. I haven’t messed with the tubes because I have no idea how to do that. I so want this amplifier to sound beautiful but there is something missing. Can anyone help please?
golfnut2
holmz- Vandy 2Cs are one of the easiest speaker loads to drive.  back in the day i driven them with a < 20 w integrated amp very nicely.
I owned a Primaluna Dialogue Premium for a couple of years. KT88 tubes made the best sonics for my ears with better bass, more power, and a little extra body in the midrange while smoothing out the top end. 
That said, I know the veil or miffed sound you speak of. I noticed it most clearly when trying an LTA Z10 with half the watts of the Primaluna and heard that veil lifted with better bass and just as much midrange beauty. Doesn’t help your current situation, but a good place to try next. 
@itsjustme what did you replace the 2c with? and how much better is it now?
Would like to understand what tubes I would be considering.
Or maybe I need to fix up the one VTL monoblock that is not working. But I got the PrimaLuna to give them a whirl, so...
Trade it back in and try to get a used Primaluna Dialogue HP integrated then put in some KT88's or even better KT120's then hook the speakers to the 4 ohm taps and try it in triode mode for more detail, or ultralinear for a little brighter top end.