So I just bought a Hegel H390 and

I am building a new system and I just bought a H-390.  It should arrive by the end of the week.  I want to get new to me speakers to go with it. So if you’ve have or have had a Hegel H-390 or a H-590,  what speakers under $10.000 sounded the best.  And I guess I should probably get some wires also.  Nothing crazy, but not zip cord.

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
Spendor Classic 1/2, KEF Reference 1, Sonus Faber Olympica Nova II, Sonus Faber Electa Amator III, Harbeth 30.2 XD, Spendor D7.2 are all speakers at around the 10k price point that I've heard and liked. I'd probably go for the KEF if I had my pick, with the Electa Amator not far behind.
Superb amp. I'm running an h95 in my bedroom system and it is outstanding. So the 390 is going to be a beast. I agree with the group, speakers are a matter of taste. However that amp will drive just about anything. 
Hey jjss49,

I want the sound of the speakers to be the same as the amp so the sound would be as close to neutral.  I don’t  want a speaker that will color the sound one way or the other, but if they do, I’d want the speakers to be a taste on the warm side and not the cold side.

Does that make sense?  Hope so.

JD
electrokardiogram,

I do have a store in my area that sells KEF and I’ve been trying to get an appointment with them for a couple of months now!  
I’ll give them a call again tomorrow.  Maybe they’ve had a cancellation.

Thanks 

JD