So where should the tubes be?

Source, preamp, dac, amp? Or should they be in as many components as possible? Does anyone subscribe to such a system where there are tubes everywhere?  Base answer on acceptance of tubes somewhere.
jpwarren58
Tube - lets you listen to music.Solids - focuses attention or the greatness or failings of the gear.
Use tubes throughout, but keep the chain as short as possible. ;
@millercarbon

Tubes should only be used where you want it to sound like music.

Would you kindly elaborate?

Wouldn’t one generally want it to all sound musical (unless perhaps for pro audio mixing)? 
Tube "sound" is all about the design and engineering of the electronics.  I have heard very neutral tube equipment, not warm, lush or thick.  Don't have that "tube sound" or "solid state sound."  Just music.  

Tubes belong wherever they sound right to the owner.  
I like either an all tube front end which is at least amp and pre amp for a tube system, but it will all be up to money and maintenance cost, the more tubes in the chain , the more up keep on the entire system. The one thing i can say is that most tube phono stages and tube tuners require a lot more care to keep quiet and aligned than there solid state counterparts. A tube phono stage can also be a little noisy on high efficiency speakers, especially when run in a balanced configuration.