Audio deals you bought that seem impossible for the price?

When I look at the Elac Adante center channel I bought open box (I later added the stand) for $1400 total, a couple of years back, I think how is this even possible at anywhere near the price?  The 65 pound speaker (designed by the amazing Andrew Jones) has an aluminum front baffle with waveguide, custom designed (as opposed to off the shelf) concentric drivers, a very sophisticated internal woofer band pass structure and a trapezoidal cabinet.  
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-NJlSV8T4YYE/p_970AC61GB/ELAC-Adante-AC-61-Gloss-Black.html#&gid=1&pid=2

What are your audio purchases that seem impossible, or where the manufacturer clearly lost money?

emailists
To date?

Has to be my current Vandersteen 2CE Sigs. Bought them for $625 in great condition with original boxes. Actually agreed to $600, But the guy was willing to meet me half way between Indianapolis and Cleveland included in the sale price/free of charge. So, no shipping cost. I gave him an extra $25 Just because he was willing to do that. Great guy, great speakers.

I sit and listen to those bad boys, and cannot believe I got that much quality for so little money.
Miller - Moabs are so cheap because there was no design process.  They are just a pile of planks and drivers nailed together.  Nor is there any finish - they look like the homebuild project that they are.

This is the kind of thing we all did when we discovered music and hi-fi as teenagers and had no money.  But most of us got over it when we realised we had no idea of how to build a speaker.
I knew I could not afford the stereo equipment I wanted and in fact the class A amplifier I wanted is in my opinion one of best ever manufactured. I was wanting, looking for a Krell ksa300s which was last made in 2010. The Amplifier weighs in at almost exactly 185lbs not as big as you would think but, there is one reason for its extreme weight. Almost any wire that you think would exist within the chassis was replaced by oxygen free copper bars and has a massive toroidal power transformer. The extreme use of these copper bars insures that frequency signals shoot straight through internal circuitry much the same as you get from the use of expensive high end component and speaker cables. Thing looks pretty bad with 4 electrolytic capacitors as big as automotive oil filters. I've pretty much just reworded an article online from Stereophile so, if anyone is interested in specs, test results just go online and enter ksa300s and you will almost get directly taken to two different detailed articles from Stereophile. I thought I would find it on eBay which I did and had been recapped little less than 3 years earlier and came also with a matching Krc-3 preamplifier and an excellant kas250cd/2 I paid $8200 and according to former owner a company from California offers a clone copy of the class A amplifier at only $25,000.  
Stoped into a resale shop one day and spotted a marantz 9-1 av receiver (new is $2100). The owner happened to be out this day and a nice lady was filling in. There was no price on it and the power cord was missing. I asked how much and  that no power cord concerned me as I could not even test if it would power up. She tried to call the owner but could not reach him. Right next to the marantz was a rca unit with built in turn table that was marked $90. She said they look alike so how about $90? I said no cord how about $80 and it was mine. Ordered new power cord and it has worked flawless for over three years now.
Flash sale at Crutchfield for the CS9080 center for $611. Pay $1 now and the rest when the item ships 5 weeks from now. I look around after paying…still $1,199 at B&H and locally. Next day, the rest of the charge hits my card. I had planned to use a different card and/or make the money to pay for it in 5 steady work weeks or cancel. Nope! Took the money out my checking account already and I called to see what gives. Seems they received the shipment just 5 weeks earlier and that’s why I was charged. Oh, well! Got the speaker and no worries about how to pay for it. It was done and over and on the way! Cool enough!