Newbie setup

Hello all,

I have acquired some home audio equipment that I do not know much about. Here are the items I have that I need help setting up. 
Audio Research LS2 MKII pre amp
HCA-2200 Parasound Amp. I have an assortment of nice cables as well. I am wondering how to set the system up to two speakers with the source being an Apple TV streaming device. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you
Brandon
haligan343
I use an Apple 4k tv box for most of my steaming (video and audio), even Tidal (only cd quality) isn't bad at all. 

I use the USB connection on the apple 4k tv box to an outboard DAC. that into the preamp line inputs. Alternatively i suppose you could use a DAC that takes HDMI as well. 

The Apple tv box isn't great sounding on its own. That's why i use an outboard DAC.

I use Schiit audio DAC, they have many to chose from, its good place to start looking if your new to this. 

You ended up with some nice gear by the way. 
Thanks for the info Glen, my plan would be to use the new 4K apple tv. Ill check out the schiit DAC that might be a good idea. Yea my neighbor was moving and didnt want to deal with all the stuff. Gave me a bunch of other audio equipment I dont know much about. 
Thanks
Also what ports do I need to use to connect the preamp to the main amp. This is new to me. Basically need a step by step from apple tv-DAC-preamp-main amp. 
Look at the sockets. Look at the plugs. Connect the plugs to the sockets they fit into. Read the labels you plugged into, select the source that matches the labels. Push button "Power" turn knob "Volume". If this didn't work you forgot to plug the big fat one into the wall. Do that. Enjoy.