Tannoy Stirlings on the way!

Hi, everybody.  Longtime member, first time caller.

I just ordered up a pair of Tannoy Stirling GR floorstanders, and, frankly, I'm looking for people to rejoice with!

I'm a speakers guy, through and through.  I've got Dynaudios, Focals, B&Ws, Totems, Wharfedales, Klipsches, and even my old Polk 5Bs, the first speakers I ever bought, way back in the '80s.  I wanted to try something very different, and the Prestige line Tannoys really spoke to me.  The coincident drivers, the old-school-ish paper cone, the old-school cabinets and ports.  I'm really looking forward to hearing how they soundstage!

I thought about getting the Turnberrys, but the Stirlings should be just about the perfect size for my [extremely irregular] room.  Especially since I already have a pair of subs.

I'm pretty chuffed.
trentmemphis
Been a while since I posted in this thread.  Thought I'd check in.  Everybody still digging their Tannoys?  Any new amplifier, stand, positioning, etc., suggestions?

I'm still loving my Stirlings.  The things they do with well recorded choral music!  Probably the best speakers I've owned -- maybe even heard -- for that.  They excel with any kind of vocal, really, along with woodwinds, brass, and acoustic instruments.  I wouldn't call them the greatest things with hard rock.  They hold their own, but it isn't their strong suit.  I don't listen to a lot of that, anyway.  Nearest I get is some pretty heavy blues, sometimes.

I'm still running them in the same positions with the same rake angle and same McIntosh gear.  Only change is I got a bel canto streamer several months ago to replace the DigiOne+ as my Roon endpoint.  It's working like a champ.
I also have a pair being shipped, are you still using the subs with them?
How do they sound without subs?

Thanks,
Lee
Tannoys tend to sound best with amplifiers with medium output impedance and lowish damping factors and no or only small amounts of negative feedback.Most SS amps have low output impedance and high damping factors and high negative feedback.There are some exceptions though-Dartzeel and Bakoon SS amps for example and they sound beautiful with Tannoys.Other than them you are probably best off with a medium powered push pull tube amp.
I think any gov't who tells it people to self Isolate for 12 months while they screw around with partial solutions to a virus is obligated to provide all its citizens with Westministers. 

Who is with me??
@trentmemphis,

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the Tannoy’s. I have been enjoying my Canterbury’s with Accuphase E-650 Integrated for almost 2 years now. Thanks to my dealer, I am going to audition darTZeel Integrated in a month or so….looking forward to this amazing opportunity :-)

https://dartzeel.com/cth-8550/