New cables - To judge now or after burn in period?

I am in the midst of auditioning a host of Siltech speaker cables (Siltech Legend 380i & 680i) and interconnects (XLR and RCA - Siltech Legend 380i). Needless to say, they are quite a bit more costly than my existing QED cables (QED Genesis Silver Spiral Bi-wire & QED Signature 40 interconnects).

The Siltech cables are highly recommended by my distributor and seem to be well received by the audiophile press. However, doubts arise as upon trying them at home they do not sound as dynamic as my existing QED cables. While the highs are more resolving and I am hearing things that I have not heard before, the bass seems constricted and the music does not make my feet tap anymore.

Is that because the cables are brand new and have not been burnt in as yet? Or is it because there is no synergy between the cables and my particular system? Or is it a bit of both? If it is a burn in issue, how many hours of burn in is required before I should make a judgment as to whether I prefer the sound of the interconnects and speaker cables?

All inputs or observations are welcome.

128x128dcpillai
"But if OP is concerned, why doesn't he ask his dealer to lend him cables that are already burnt in beyond dispute, say 1000+ hours. I am sure that will settle the issue for OP and enable him to make a rational choice without worrying whether burn-in is real or not."

One advantage of using the Cable Co's cable-lending library. . . 
Thank you all for the feedback and sharing of views / suggestions which were helpful, reassuring and ever interesting.

I have been running my system around the clock and the sound of music over my new cables (interconnects and speaker cables) is improving, OR perhaps it is my hearing / brain that is getting used to the sound of the new cables!

Either which way, the main thing is that I am beginning to appreciate and even enjoy the sound of music over the new cables. Hopefully things will continue to improve.

The next big test will be putting back my older cables and interconnects and seeing which I prefer. Will post again then. Thanks again.
Yes, for me switching back to my original after a long run is always good conformation.
You should like them out of the box however bass should get better after 200 hours hopefully.However there is no guarantee.Maybe you would like pure copper cable eg Tara Labs Muse speaker cable i love them with my MAGICO speakers.Good luck.
They should sound good to you new. As they break-in, they will sound better.  If they don’t sound good out of the box I find one that does . I’m partial to siltech. Nice cables. I’m now into nordost. Even better.