New cables - To judge now or after burn in period?

I am in the midst of auditioning a host of Siltech speaker cables (Siltech Legend 380i & 680i) and interconnects (XLR and RCA - Siltech Legend 380i). Needless to say, they are quite a bit more costly than my existing QED cables (QED Genesis Silver Spiral Bi-wire & QED Signature 40 interconnects).

The Siltech cables are highly recommended by my distributor and seem to be well received by the audiophile press. However, doubts arise as upon trying them at home they do not sound as dynamic as my existing QED cables. While the highs are more resolving and I am hearing things that I have not heard before, the bass seems constricted and the music does not make my feet tap anymore.

Is that because the cables are brand new and have not been burnt in as yet? Or is it because there is no synergy between the cables and my particular system? Or is it a bit of both? If it is a burn in issue, how many hours of burn in is required before I should make a judgment as to whether I prefer the sound of the interconnects and speaker cables?

All inputs or observations are welcome.

128x128dcpillai
I'd suggest giving them more time.

I purchased my Acoustic Zen silver reference IC's having heard a burned-in pair. 

Not only did the new ones not sound partIn fact, they cycled back and forth several times before finally settling in. I almost gave up on them but I'm glad I stuck it out. 

Sorry for my hamhandedness. . . 

Should read:

Not only did the new ones not sound particularly good but once they began to improve, the perceived gains did not last. In fact, they cycled back and forth several times before finally settling in. I almost gave up on them but I'm glad I stuck it out.
You can purchase a couple of 8ohm resistors of the appropriate wattage to act as substitutes for speakers to run your cables in. 

Keep the volume low so you do not exceed the wattage of the resistors and keep them well ventilated as they can get very hot. I normally place the resistors on side plates. 

I think 600 hours total with the most power-hungry gear would do the trick. Sorry about your electricity bill. 
mastering92,

I don’t know what type of cables you use, but they shouldn’t just die.
And, (most) new (quality) cables will get better as they get more hours on them.

As I upgraded my audio equipment, the difference in cables became more apparent.

ozzy