Casters to replace spikes

So I'm sure this will get a lot of challenge and flak, so please helpful comments only!

Long story short my focus has changed from home theater to two channel back to home theater.  Recently got a projector and in the midst of getting a screen (have a white sheet hanging as temporary) . On a whim I moved my Revel studio 2s and Voice 2 behind the sheet which improved the movie experience 1000%. However I had to push the speakers back against a wall, which is not ideal for two channel listening. I'm planning to purchase an electric screen so on occasion I'd like to be able to pull the speakers out from the wall with little effort when the screen is rolled up. Right now they are on the factory spikes sitting on Herbie's discs, so they can slide on the carpet with some effort. However, every time I've seen Wilson speakers in show rooms, they always seem to be on casters which made me wonder if that's a normal type of arrangement or at least a good enough arrangement.  my system is decent but my room needs lots of treatment so I'm taking an 80/20 approach here.  

Has anyone done this/ can recommend any type of solution for being able to move the front speakers with ease?  Thanks!
esthlos13
Some really good suggestions all, appreciate the responses. 
As I was a finance and language major in college, in layman’s terms, can someone elaborate on the whole decoupling aspect ? I’m holding that with spikes on carpet for instance one is trying to stop bass energy from going into the floor so the sound is only influenced by the speaker, is that accurate? Is it pointless to do that when there is concrete under my carpet?
How about custom stands on casters by Sound Anchors? I loved them with my B&W N802’s years ago.

And not only Wilson but now B&W use castors! The ease of use between 2ch and HT is a big advantage.

Best of luck!
@esthlos13, my understanding is that the purpose of spikes is actually to *couple* the speaker to the floor. The spikes pierce through the carpet to reach the concrete slab underneath into which they transfer their energy. The idea is that a giant concrete slab won't resonate much and is therefore good for absorbing vibrations. In contrast, when coupling a speaker to a wood floor, the wood would be too excited by the speaker vibrations, and the resonances created in the wood floor would negatively interact with your speakers. 

Another way to think about this is that with wood and tile, you only have one choice--to decouple. But with with a cement floor, you have another option--to couple. 
For WAF, I renoved the spikes on my speaker stands and put on some rubber wheeled casters that I purchased off of Amazon. I researched a fair bit, but ultimately chose those with the correct thread pitch and locking wheels. I ordered a couple different styles and tried them out, then sent back the set I decided against. My flooring is LVP atop concrete slab. I could discern NO difference between spikes and casters. The time to go back and forth means that any difference I might hear would be experimentally questionable. Additionally, the room is such that any first order reflections arrive late enough at my listening position to avoid any smearing or aural confusion. 

I love the convenience of the wheels. The only issue for me is that there is a slight fall to the floor. As the casters have double locking nuts, I moved the speakers to their ideal location, the adjusted height for level based on that position. 
What I have learned in several disciplines is that theory and reality often disagree. Theory may or may not accurately depict the state of things in an ideal realm, but it is often quite irrelevant in our experiential realm. In my room, where the rear and side walls are substantially distant from the listening position, there was no negative change to sound quality. The ability to easily adjust speaker position also meant that I spent more time dialing in sound because I wasn’t wrestling with the speakers (Tip: figure out where those spots are and have an easy way to return speakers there as needed).