Bass sensation like a loud car system in home?

I know this is a bit of a silly question but bear with me here:

What options are there for getting that feeling of a powerful subwoofer vibrating through your body in your home?  I know the easiest option would be to just put a capable subwoofer next to your seating and let it hit as hard as it can.  I'm also not trying to make all of my neighbors hate me so I'm looking for some creative solutions to pulling it off at reasonable residential volumes.

I'm thinking that some combination of tactile transducers in the couch and a subwoofer next to or also installed inside of the couch would get pretty close.  Being right under your body I wonder what kind of decibels would actually be required to get a bass massage going.  Without the sensation of the high volume bass it also might just seem silly and be a complete waste of time aside from watching movies.

Thoughts?
yukispier
For subsonic measure in Richter scale.  Sub-sub system flat to 4 Hz. Therefore dba meter pegged and not useful.  Car audio limited vs larger room volumes.
Most all these answers will never give you what you want. You just need one subwoofer from Stereo Integrity and it is 24 inches in diameter and will handle 5000 W and has an 85 pound magnet on it and it will move 5 inches peak to peak travel and has audiophile quality sound.  It will change your whole reference for what subwoofers can do . Believe me you need to FEEL the bass.
@phusis , You could do two floor to ceiling towers in the corners with four 12 subs in each tower and get decent results and here is why I do not do it that way. It is virtually impossible to control resonances and vibration in an enclosure that big. The problem with most subwoofers is they are not just speakers. They are musical instruments. Enclosure design is not so simple. Any vibration or shaking of the enclosure is distortion. Keeping the enclosure from becoming a musical instrument requires a very heavy stiff walled enclosure. The Stiffest enclosure would be a sphere. Spheres are unfortunately hard to make and work with. Next in line is a cylinder. Put a driver in each end of the cylinder and you cancel forces that want to shake the enclosure. A heavy cylinder with 1.5" walls will not resonate. No resonating and no shaking. Perfect. Place four of these units along the front and in the corners and you have an extremely low distortion horizontal line source. If you recall. line sources do not radiate sound off the ends, in my case the sides! The subwoofer line source system has only one early reflection, the ceiling. My listening room is open to the kitchen and then the dining room. The nearest full wall is 75 feet away. I still have some nodal behavior in the room but it is greatly diminished. It sounds like you are in a much larger room. 

Getting a horn to do 18 Hz requires an extremely big horn. I know of one fellow who casted bass horns in his house's foundation. The drivers were in the basement. The horns curved outwards and upwards opening up at the bottom of the front wall making a "U" turn. I only saw pictures. This was before DSP. Those drivers had to 15 feet behind the rest on the system. That is a huge delay. I have screwed around with delays just to see what I could detect audibly. 1.5 ms is clearly audible in the midrange.
If your subs crossed over like mine at 120 Hz 1.5ms would also be clearly audible. Much lower and you would be able it pick it out in an A/B comparison. It gets more difficult as you go lower. It becomes not what you hear but what you feel. 
Let me put it this way: with my new (last couple of weeks) sub placement, I am now getting bass so powerful that I can’t imagine something similar in a car. It would be far too distracting and therefore dangerous. 

I listen to almost all genres of music. Some of them require some thud to the bass, even classical. It’s nice to FEEL the cellos and double bass at the end the adagio to Mahler’s 5th under Karajan’s wand. 

The one genre I almost never listen to is rap: with the exception of a handful of artists such as Notorious BIG and going back to Grandmaster Flash, I find it to be too misogynistic and with a range of emotion that rarely ventures beyond vicious anger and violence.
@yukispier
Have you tried cranking up the volume then listen from outside (exterior windows and doors closed) ? It may not be as loud as you think

Maybe you can borrow or get a returnable sub to evaluate the exterior sound leakage.

Tolerance of other home noise is dependent on the neighborhood. I have neighbors who occasionally have parties and “occasionally” jack up the music at “reasonable” (non sleeping) hours which I don’t mind because sometimes people just need to cut loose (destress) usually on weekends. So chances are it’s ok to jack up music occasionally during reasonable hours.

Or you can play better music that your neighbors enjoy :)