Critical oppositions made using inadequate equipment.

Is it really possible to critically estimate tt or cartridge characteristics using for example cheap monitor speakers or other weak component in the system ?
surfmuz
So we are back to  what do you want from your  music.  There is no one size fits all speaker.  If I wanted  to light up a big room with  rock and roll,  quads and book shelf  speakers are not where  I would start.  

You sound like bass is a big  deal for you.  Here is a test for you.  Go to what ever venue  you hear the big bass you like.  Then close your eyes listen to just the bass.  It just might change  mind about how tight it really is.  If  classical is your thing  what instrument  can  create loud tight bass?

Of course if real is not your thing then create the system  that  makes you happy.  

Enjoy the ride
Tom
"..whatdya want from Life?"

"A baby's' arm, holding an apple..."

Knew a woman who had a keychain fob of that description, so it is available.....;)

Carts 'n equipment?  Not so much...
The Tubes priceless!!!  White punks on dope!!!  Thinking Quads might not be the best choice for this album.

Enjoy the ride
Tom

PS

Monty Phahon may think a nice shrubbery is the meaning of life.  
I’m not sure what was the purpose of this thread? Just to say that a friend who adviced some cartridges to OP has completely different opinion about those cartridges than the OP? I read the same on audiogon everyday, people are disagree on many things. But I have no idea who they are and when I see the images of their systems I often shocked (in a bad way), the OP could ask his friend in person (or to check these carts at his system), but he asked an opinion of some strangers on audiogon to read two opposite points of view (again, as always).
:) No, the purpose of this thread is to be careful and skeptical to strong opinions and suggestions from “gurus” who made their conclusions based on using non relevant equipment.