Sonus Faber vs Wilson

I currently own a pair of absolutely gorgeous Serafino Tradition speakers. They are about 3 months old and I’ve finally got them positioned nicely in my room. They are being driven by a Gryphon Diablo 300. Great soundstage and imaging even off access. Tremendous detail and I just love the way the speakers look. I must add that it’s really important to me how all this stuff looks in my home. I love the tight fast and nuanced delivery of the Gryphon but not loving the way it looks…alas..that sound made the decision for me and I’ve hidden it away so my wife doesn’t have a coronary.

So….this brings me to my newest quandary. My local dealer has a gorgeous dedicated listening room in the lovely Biltmore hotel just minutes from my home. (Very dangerous…!) There are a pair of Wilson Sasha DAW speakers that sound…well…that sound like the best speakers I’ve heard. I absolutely HATE the way they look…and I would dread getting them up the three front steps of my home…but that sound….

Do I keep the lovely sounding and gorgeous looking Serafino’s or swap them for the ugliest best sounding speakers I’ve ever heard.? 
(There is an $18k price difference so there’s that too…!)
128x128jomonhifi
hard for others to advise you on how to balance sound vs looks... as you have stated that looks are highly prioritized
That is quite the quandary. i guess a good one to have.

My only concern was sound for most of my audiophile life, I never paid attention to looks. Then I got near retirement and wanted both. Fortunately I did not have to choose between the two. My Sonus Fabre Amati Traditional have both look and sound I want.

The Wilson and Sonus are not often put up in the same comparison. They are very different speakers. Most people fall in one camp or another. I appreciate Wilson speakers, but don’t want to own them… for the sound… o looks.

Having said that… you really like the sound of what you have. Is it possible some of the sound differences are coming from the electronics driving the Wilson’s, or the room acoustics.

Honestly, I would tell him to bring them over and set them up for you to audition. That is his job. Then you can experience the sound and ugliness and make an informed judgement. If they blow you away with your own equipment and room acoustics… then you will have no choice.

Seriously, you've had your Sonus Fabers for all of three months and you're thinking about changing!!!  What is wrong with this picture?  One other thing, the Wilsons are ugly and three months from now they'll still be ugly.
@onhwy61 - Very true… I think saying this all “out-loud” really helps to synthesize my gut feeling… and that’s to realize that the $250k system in my local showroom is probably going to sound pretty nifty… What did the Wizard of Oz say…?? “Don’t go looking past your own backyard…” or something to that effect…

Thanks guys…!

keeping the SF’s
keeping the wife
hiding the gryphon

If you can try the Wilson’s in your room (as mentioned) with your gear that would be the only way to judge. 
Just forgetaboutit and take some or all of the 18k and get the lady a gift.