Who is ditching their shiny disc spinners?

I want to upgrade my digital side … (currently Bluesound Vault 2i feeding the DAC of Oppo 105) … plan to spend around $2k … since I’ve ripped all my CDs to the Vault, thinking of spending it all on a DAC, and retire/sell the Oppo while it still has some value. I do have a few older CDPs I could retain as backup, but not sure why I would ever need.

Alternatively, was considering a better combined CDP/DAC like a newer Marantz or Yamaha … upgrades DAC performance some, and a reliable spinner for quite a few more years … but I have very few SACDs, so feeling like this would be the tail wagging the dog.

In what direction have you been migrating?
inscrutable
Sounds like you upgraded your system and can hear the difference.  CD? Haven't played one in years.

Look at what CD players are trying to do.  Upsample, refilter, balanced DACs.  Everything to get over the shortcomings of the media. 

If you rip your LPs to 192/24+ your bit perfect jitter free hard drive will make you much happier. 
Well, I guess we’ve settled that 😁

I’m with those here who use streaming as a discovery tool, not for critical listening. Might change for me with a better DAC. Just not convinced a new spinner will have an onboard DAC as good as I can get stand-alone. Maybe I do that and hang onto the Oppo for a transport. 
I’m also with those here who like their physical media. More LP than CD … album art, liner notes, etc just SOOO much better (and easier on old eyes) 😁. But still …

sigh …
Bought an ancient Sony cd player for $20 and a Topping DAC for $150….sound quality is absolutely stellar. Don’t make it complicated kids!
As with the LPs, I have retained about 100 high quality audiophile import CDs that would be hard to replace. Even so, I listen to the music as downloaded in my iMac. Played via Roon, I believe that the download sounds better. It's just a matter of time until I dump the CDs as I am extremely pleased with my RME DAC. 
I have the same music server and I ripped all 175 of my CD collection and with help from Bluesound transferred it to my laptop with the corrections to digital data the Vault 2i did. I rearranged my library into folders, one for each composer and in alphabetical order, because the 2i lists by "songs" and "artists" whoever ever might be listed as the performer and since I never listen to pop music the way the 2i files it so does not work for me. I connected the 2i to a vintage MSB Platinum but I kept my Oppo SACD player for a small collection of SACS's that are 5 channel because there is no other way to play 5 channels other than the 5 RCA outputs of a disc player.