So damn hard deciding which tube preamp to buy!

So you have $10 to $25k. What do u do??? So many names.  Cant test them cause no one nearby stocks them, and not broken in.  

What does one do??
emergingsoul
Ok, so you're going to apply the remaining 2 channels solely to audio.  Any reason you wouldn't have the McIntosh tube preamps at the top of your short list?
Noooo,  1 channel ctr and 2 mains. Means more watts avail for mains since its a 5 channel amp.  
Mac dont have a high end linestage, includes phonostage.  A flaw in their prod offerings
Mcintosh C500, C1000T
C2500, 2600,2700, C22 (C) (R)
Cary 98 series
Cary SP 05 series

All are valve and excellent pre amps.. All come with a Phono stage. Cary has an option to have a PS or not, Mac doesn't, they have a MM and MC phono stage onboard.

Kind of vague in what you want.. You didn't say anything about what you didn't like or did. 10.00 to 25,000? Or do you have a budget?
Ok, Mom just approved $25k or so for a linestage tube preamp with a fully functional remote. I must spend within 24 hrs. Please help me.  
The AVM PA 8.3 - Seriously.  With a tube output stage, two sets of RCA & XLR inputs with tone control and the phono stage is $23K.  Add in SS output stage for a subwoofer and it comes in right at $25K.  

This is truly a world class preamp.  It is unbelievably quiet. Neutral to warm and AVM delivers a massive soundstage.  I have had the flagship monos that go with this here and they easily could be mistaken for VAC or VTL gear, just 1100 watts.  It is worthy of the price.  

Know that Udo (the owner of AVM) was at Burmester for a long time and has an incredible track record.