Air Tight ATM-300R or Shindo Cortese 300B

Hi,

First of all, the english is not my native language. Sorry if I don't make myself understood correctly.

Here in audiogon found a lot of trends with ATM-300R x Cortese 300b, but almost all of them end up deviating to other suggestions or there is no continuity.

My preamp is the Luxman CL38uC and the speaker is an DIY with horn and 98 db and 8 ohms. My listening dedicated space is smal (15' x 10') and I love jazz.

I this context, Air Tight or Shindo?

Comments are welcome!

Thanks.
dinho
Wow, that is miserable.  I wish you luck in terms of finding the right amp.  Good news is Shindo and Air Tight are not average amps and you aren't settling with either of them.  

Have you thought about the Luxman?  It is phenomenal and ships with Takasuki's?
Luxman would be an excellent choice. But unfortunately it is, at least here, in another price class.

Our Luxman dealer charges a price that makes it much more expensive than Shindo and Air Tight.

The Air Tight itself can, at a higher cost, be ordered with the Takatsuki.

I've been following some topics about the 300b valve and, once I choose the power, I'll have another fun guaranteed with tube rolling.

Best.
I heard the Cortese 300b on A23 horns - I actually preferred the little Montille. The 300b was too midrange centric for me, a bit closed in sounding. Shindo amps are more flavor, than better. 
My favorite Shindos were the Lafons, long discontinued. The Haut Brion as well for efficient speakers. 
Thanks.

Montille seems to be almost unanimous. An unbeatable value for money!

I also noticed that, at least here on the audiogon, we have more owners of the Cortese F2a than the Cortese 300b.

Best.
. "Shindo amps are more flavor, than better."

That can apply to literally any audio product to one degree or another.  They all will possess some amount of sonic signature and listeners /potential buyers just choose the signature/character they most prefer. 

I definitely appreciate and desire what well implemented 300b amplifiers bring to the table. Now in regard to the Shindo Cortese F2a I can't recall reading anything negative about it. Consistent universal praise over the years. Horses for courses will always ring true.
Charles