Air Tight ATM-300R or Shindo Cortese 300B

Hi,

First of all, the english is not my native language. Sorry if I don't make myself understood correctly.

Here in audiogon found a lot of trends with ATM-300R x Cortese 300b, but almost all of them end up deviating to other suggestions or there is no continuity.

My preamp is the Luxman CL38uC and the speaker is an DIY with horn and 98 db and 8 ohms. My listening dedicated space is smal (15' x 10') and I love jazz.

I this context, Air Tight or Shindo?

Comments are welcome!

Thanks.
dinho

Showing 3 responses by charles1dad

@dingo,
The more I contemplate your comments in this thread,  I believe that the Shindo 300b is the right choice for you in the long run. You are a music lover who loves jazz. That wonderful  genre I suspect would sound  fabulous via the Shindo driving your horn speakers.  Just a hunch 😊.
Charles 
. "Shindo amps are more flavor, than better."

That can apply to literally any audio product to one degree or another.  They all will possess some amount of sonic signature and listeners /potential buyers just choose the signature/character they most prefer. 

I definitely appreciate and desire what well implemented 300b amplifiers bring to the table. Now in regard to the Shindo Cortese F2a I can't recall reading anything negative about it. Consistent universal praise over the years. Horses for courses will always ring true.
Charles 

@sailboat,
I appreciate your insight and impressions from the perspective of someone who has had the pleasure of owning both renown Audio brands. Undoubtedly one could not possibly go wrong with either of these amplifiers. It simply would be what sonic attributes are most desired and cherished. My gut feeling tells me if I can only have one of them I’d choose Shindo.

I get the sense that the AirTight may be more audiophile approved.’neutral ’ yet I suspect that the Shindo grabs deeper into the musical soul and emotion. Speculation I readily admit.
Charles