Spotify streaming from pc

I need a little advice and or reassurance here.  I am streaming Spotify Family Plan Premium from my pc, via ethernet cable (due to distance), to my Oppo Sonica DAC which feeds my integrated amp and speakers in my listening room.  I have the Sonica app downloaded on an iPad, on which I can control what is being played, however, I have no audio quality adjustments available on the iPad/app.  It sounds okay, however, not nearly as good as Tidal and I am also not able to make any sound quality adjustments on the Spotify website at the pc either - as I could with Tidal.  Do I need the Spotify app on the main pc or not?  Is this just the way it is going to work or am I even doing this correctly?  This is the way I stream Tidal and it sounds great!!  Thanks for all help and advice!
foreverworkin
Spotify is a notch or two below Tidal (and Qobuz) in sq, it will never sound as good.
Spotify had an audio quality setting. By default it's on 'Auto', it's unclear what that means. Put it on the highest possible quality, from what I read that's a 320 kbps stream.
Spotify  For PC Premium for Windows 7/8/10 now is available for free. Listen to the right music, wherever you are and now that we have the premium version of Spotify for PC.