LSA Voyager GAN Amplifier

Just got mine last week.  After 24 hours of play all I can say is that this is not your father's class D amplifier.  There is not one thing about its sound that reminds me of the class D gremlins that I do not like.  The low end filled in and now has deep impact, the midrange is the love child of a beautiful tube and clean hybrid amp - just gorgeous.  Highs are very clean and extended. Spatial cues are top notch. My system has had some damn good tube and solid state amps in it before and it has never sounded this good.  I am blown away with the quality of sound coming from class D amplification at this price point.

This 300 wpc amplifier is a real winner.....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark

With these sort of gain selections (below), perfect for using a dac direct into it that has a digital domain volume control, set the LSA gain so the dac’s volume is just 30-10% down from max for normal loud listening level and still have some left in reserve, that way you won’t be "bit striping"

Mid or low would be the one in most systems
  • INPUT SENSITIVITY
  • Low-Gain = 2.7 Vrms, Gain = 22 dB
  • Mid-Gain = 1.4 Vms, Gain = 28 dB
  • High-Gain = 0.55 Vrms, Gain = 36 dB
  • Gains Selectable via DIP Internal Dip Switches
Cheers George
George or Jaymark,
Where does this gain setting info come from? The website says 26db....and no mention of internal dip switches.

Actually, for very sensitive speakers even lower than 22 db would work best. Some DACs put out more than 4Vrms in balanced mode.

This is a great first review. I would like more info. What amps did it beat and in what ways?
Hopefully, there will be more comments and reviews soon.....and with plenty of info (system details, types of music tested, direct comparisons.....well, you get the idea).
Congrats, I have had my eye on this amp and the underwood guy has been very good to deal with in the past.
Ooops my bad!
That was for the LSA Discovery Warp One amp

The LSA Voyager it’s even better though not selectable still at low sensitivity 2v, good for direct still and even better 100kohm input impedance
: Sensitivity: Two volts input, gain: 26dB
: Input impedance: 100K Ohms

Cheers George
I don't doubt it is as good, or better than advertised. I should have one in my home in about 10 days. Im not as excited as I would have been had I not replaced an optical cable with a Pangea XL coax ($150/1.5m), which has ripped the cover off how good my Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5 actually is with my EVS1200, an amazing class D amp based on dual mono IcePower modules with lots of Ric Schultz magic dust