Get a load of this Deceptive add for a Gryphon Amp here on AG

So the title is  Gryphon Essence Stereo Power Amplifier Pure Class A 5 Months Old.

You can read the description for yourself.

I make an offer on the amp. Below is the reply I get from the Seller. Maybe its just me but this kind of selling should be BANNED on AG.  Selling Grey Market gear without putting any of it in the description. Total BS...and he isn't even the owner of the amp.  He's in California but says he's selling for somebody else in Massachusetts.

Thank you for your offer that I can accept.
I have some things to explain:
It's imported, from out-of -US distributor.
Gryphon designed it voltage interchangeable, manufactured 220-240V, then set up by distributor's technician to US 120V so you can just plug ( the power cord ) and play.
Gryphon's warranty is not transferable, made very clear in user's manual Page 25. But don't worry. Whenever in need of service, just send to LA and I will take all things ensuing.
If these are fine with you please let me know then I will accept to proceed.
Will ship to you from Massachusetts by the current ( the only ) owner.

A-Gon needs to have a "Report This Ad" feature like other sites have to flag questionable Ad's.
Stay away from everything about this sale it sounds like a total misleading scam to me of a fake amplifier, buyer beware.
I live in Massachusetts. Wonder where in the Bay State the amp's actual owner is. (I do, in fact, live in Massachusetts, but I'm just kidding, by the way, about wondering where the amp's actual owner is. Because I'm really quite funny, don't ya know.)

-- Howard

The person has a 100% approval rating, score is 196. He has an E store and is a business and also states he sold it to HIS customer who lives in Ma. He also said it was a 220 volt model converted to 120V. So I am asking you, where is the scam? It’s obvious to me he is selling it for the customer for a fee and it will be shipped from where the owner lives. Makes sense seeing the seller is in CA.

So, again I ask, what or why is it thought to be a scam?
Is the paragraph you posted of that “sellers” response verbatim? If so, their use of their English language screams non-native English speaker. Could be a scammer not even in the United States. Not a chance in hell I would even consider sending them money. There is absolutely no way a legit seller would be selling an item that not only isn’t in their possession, but is literally on the opposite side of the country. Sounds like a potential setup where the assumed wait to arrange/receive the amp from the person supposedly in possession of the amp will buy them time to be long gone with your money before you’re certain you got screwed. Regardless if I’m off, it’s an extremely shady setup.
If you can’t help yourself, we least ask for the SN of the amp and see if they respond. If they do I would have the manufacturer verify it, if possible, it’s a valid SN and if it was sold overseas originally.