Which to Upgrade first? My Amplifier or Speakers?

I have owned a nice system for years, but I am hardly an audiophile. You people impress me with your depth of knowledge of audio. I've been following this site for some time. This is my first post.
From time to time I replace or upgrade components. I've got a tricked out Linn Sondek LP 12 turntable. I recently acquired a McIntosh MP 100 phono amp and am hearing LP's now that exceed anything I've heard on CD's and equal if not exceed the output of my SACD's. I bring this up only to give a flavor of what I listen to.
The issue is as follows: I have a McIntosh MC 206 Amp that I bought in 2003 that puts out 200 watts per channel. I have no issues with it, although I've never had anything to compare it with. I've read some impressive reviews of how much of a difference an amplifier can make to the quality of sound output. For speakers I have Magnepan 3.6R's that I also bought in 2003. I love them. I can only afford to upgrade one at a time - let's say in the neighborhood of 10 - 12K. So, I'd like to hear what this august body has to say about which I should upgrade first and why? The amp or the speakers? Thank you.
normantaylor
Thanks for your feedback.  Much appreciated.  Well, since I posted this originally, I ended up upgrading both.  I got Magnegpan 20.7's.  Awesome output.  Really beautiful. I also got a McIntosh MC462 beast - 400 wpc.  Probably not to your taste, but  I'm loving it.  The power is impressive and works well with Maggies.  I also upgraded my audio stand.  I ordered a stunning piece of furniture from Timbernation, custom built for my needs, made of Tiger wood maple - 2 inch thick shelving, and walnut legs with pin point feet.  Finally, I'm in the midst of improving the sound in my room.  I hung up three 2' x 4' acoustic panels and it made a HUGE difference.  I want to thank millercarbon who really understood this post and another that I made.  His feedback was very inspiring.  There were a few others too.  Loving Audiogon.  You guys are terrific.     
Its hard to beat a Klipsch 1900 system. I have mine set up for outdoor use and drive them with a set of Audio Research Reference 210 tube ams and  a Reference 6 pre amp. Im using an Esoteric DAC with a 20 terrabyte hard drive so I dont have to rely on internet or messing with CD's. They love tube gear but I am going to hook up a set of Cal Audio special amps that put out 1000 watts per channel and see how it sounds. Just need to be careful not to damage anything. The MWM bass bin has plenty of bass for my needs
upgrade the amp! 

An above average or pro amp is going to allow your speakers to reach their full potential. Then later on, you can sell the speakers and buy new ones.
I agree with Pizzano,

Buy 2 REL S series subs.  Don’t waste your money on the T series.  I couldn’t believe how my sound quality improved by adding REL’s.  Bass response is the first to drop out at lower volumes.  You can play the volume down and still hear bass.  Great when entertaining people.
I recently listened to a pair of Revel Performa’s. Wonder what others think of them.  They sell for $7,000.