Class D amps that are superior to all or most?

Recently, I have heard about some Class D amps that may be close to the best there is regardless of class. Certainly, this technology has been in development for decades. The main issue has always been the switching power supply. In this regard, I have taken notice of AGD. They have created a whole new power supply that “switches” at a frequency 100 times the normal silicon based MOSFET. The designer uses a gallium nitride based PS. Interesting, it is enclosed in the KT88 glass envelope that sits on top of his amps. I am aware of two more pricey amps that seem to be also at the top- the Solution and the Merrill. There must be others that compete for the title. After my thread, “Is there a SS amp that can satisfy a SET guy?”, I am still on the quest.
Don’t want to spend $50K!
mglik
George is wrong, in this case.  The muting circuit in the EVS1200 amp both shorts the inputs to ground and puts the amp in standby (turns off the main power supply.....so no caps are being charged).

NO you don't get it at all! In that case then you are wrong calling it a muting circuit as it’s nothing of the sort.
It’s an on off switch/circuit then, as everything gets turned off if the main power supply gets turned off as you said!
Kids !!

With amps that have automatic standby capabilities there is a combination of muting circuit AND de-energizing of the amplifier. First one, then the other. When the auto-on circuit senses a valid music signal it will reverse the process, energizing the amplifier first then disengaging the mute.

The auto-on sensing circuits draw power, but these are in the range of milliwatts.

Dig that hole too big and you’ll fall in, you have no idea.

EVS1200 amp both shorts the inputs to ground and puts the amp in standby (turns off the main power supply.....so no caps are being charged).

OMG!!!!!!!! This all started because of this stupid statement
"leaving power amps on 24/7 makes it sound better"

And Ricevs thinking his does, after saying this.
If the power supply is turned OFF as Ricevs says,
and no cap are being charged as Ricevs says,
the input gets muted to ground as Ricevs says.

END OF STORY THE BLOODY AMP IS TURNED OFF!!!!!

There is no "warming up" of the power amplification circuit done 24/7 with the amp in this state, regardless of what auto sensing are on. You two get it in your heads and out of the
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/scaled/2013/12/18/article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg
George,
So much drama over nothing. Its just words. Here is how I describe it on my website:

"Standby/mute switch for each channel that allows you to put the amp in a super low power mode and also shorts the inputs for super protection."

This is what is so nice about switching power supplies.....you can do all kinds of cool things without a power switch.

Some people never use the muting switches....so the amp is constantly warmed up. Some will let it warm up for an hour or so before listening. Some only put it in mute when they leave for vacation, etc. etc....Infinite varieties for infinitely differing souls.

Breath in the Love....breath in the Joy....it is always present. Love yourself.....love everyone.....you do not need to be right. You are already most worthy......you are blessed beyond imagination. Open you heart....open your eyes.....the beauty is everywhere.

You can be a reaction robot....always reacting and defending your mental position.....or you can come from creation.....where you see the beauty and good in everything and everyone and then what you do reflects a heart that wants to be of service.....because you are so filled with joy.  The choice is always every second.  We choose love.....or we do not choose love and do the same ego/reaction dance we have done for a long, long time......time for a new tune.....a happy tune.....