Quality Motown Recordings

60s Motown music is sooo good but the CD recordings that I have are sooo bad (the kinda sound like a transistor radio).  Are there any good quality Motown recordings to be had?   Admittedly, I have not heard any motown vinyl that I can recall; is vintage motown vinyl worth finding?   
wgh64
Dang right, coltrane1. They butchered those CD transfers. Hope the OP can find at least one original pressing. The difference will amaze you.
Well, content, i.e. the great words, the great vocals, great memories of performances with matching fashion and dance moves, those are different than great music writing and musician performance combined with great engineering,

soooo the answer is a definite 'maybe' regarding the content, rather than the format. 

A CD of a combo of great words, music, vocals, musicianship and engineering ought to be quite involving. Yes an LP would probably be my preference, however, how many times will I play these oldies? 

Now, for a treat: here's the story of the musicians behind the great sounding tracks

https://vimeo.com/306924495

I think I'll watch it again soon.

There's a similar one about Muscle Shoals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rW_KbniNqs

Most of the classic Motown stuff was intended for AM radio and really isn’t audiophile quality. In the mid-70s, Motown released a series of anthologies of all its major artists (on LP, obviously) in two- and three-record sets. Those generally sound about as good as any of the Motown pressings, imo.

There were some individual LPs that were standouts, including some of the latter Stevie Wonder (Innervisions, Talking Book), Temptations (Masterpiece) and Gaye’s What’s Going On.
COlumbia put out a half speed master of Midnight Love.
Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye changed the Motown Sound and the way it was recorded. Stevie brought in musicians from outside of the Motown family,musicians he befriended and liked rather than use the house band. Jeff Beck was brought in for Talking Book.