Power cord choice?

Hoping to change (or upgrade) my current PC in use with my ARC CD3 Mk2. Currently I'm using a Locus Designs Polestar and setting a limit $600 max. I'd like to find a cord that can get more micro details from the ARC yet, I'd like to retain the smoothness but, try to open the sound stage and get a little more bottom in doing so. I listen to Alt rock (Sir Sly, The Killers, Gargage), rock, blues using Classe CAP 151 integrated and Apogee Slant 6s. I know this is subjective but, I'm also doing my best to work with my budget constraints and I'm not going to change if the improvement would just be slightly incremental. I'd like suggestions to consider, please.
rsjm80
There is repeated testimony that power cables can (not must) make a difference. The theory that *everyone* who claims to hear a difference is having placebo effect, a shill, not listening carefully is more dubitable than the claims for power cables. 

If I compare two theories and one is less fantastical, that's the one worth investigating. The "power cables can make a difference" theory is less fantastical than the "everyone is duped" theory. 

It is standard for old theories to find themselves tested by new phenomena which cannot be explained. That's why the sun is at the center of the solar system, and not the earth. 
Nordost blue heaven 1 meter power cord at 250 bucks is a very well made power cord, and for not a ton of money. 
Triode Wire Labs make great cables at reasonable prices. Maybe contact Pete and ask his opinion.
Pete uses very good connectors and his wiring is very good as well.

A CD player has a constant (low)current so you don't need a cable that can deal with high current transient spikes.

A Straight Wire Black Thunder II would also be a good choice and is around $500 I believe for a 1.5m length.
Power cords are really pretty simple.
They are filters.  If you can't hear any difference between power cords, you either are 1) blessed with pristine power, due principally to your location in the world, or 2) are cursed with some component(s) in your stereo that is such an underperformer that it masks the improvement the power cord brings.
I just switched from a $160 Pangea power cord on my Innuos Zen Mk III streamer to a $260 GR Research cord.  At first, I was shocked.  The soundstage collapsed from wider and deeper than my room to about 3' wide!  It sounded like the music was in a tunnel.  About 2 hours later (I'd left it playing), I was shocked again.  The soundstage was back to it's original size and I suddenly had the most dynamic and tightly controlled bass I'd ever heard.  It was not subtle.  Better than much more expensive systems I've heard elsewhere.  I couldn't stop listening for hours.

GR Researches power cords are returnable for a full refund for 30 days.
https://www.gr-research.com/power-cords.html
I haven't noticed any difference in my system. I did go with a power conditioner but the pcs did not appear to add or remove anything after that. I continued to replace the stock pcs with fancy ones but just to pimp the system a bit.