Your thoughts on active loudspeakers

I have been looking at several active loudspeakers, Heavenly soundworks,  Buchardt, and, and KEF LS50 wireless II. Any thoughts on these or are there others you think are better? Thanks!!!
seadogs1
lonemountain - Got a chuckle out of your "active is so poorly understood" comment. Active speakers are generally great, but with the cheap class D amps available, one needs to actually listen. I've been bi-amp and tri-amping for 40+ years, but use my own amplifier choices along with crossover points and slopes. There IS a reason why pros use actives.
You can take a look at some of the legacy Meridian DSPs.  For example, the DSP5000s or even DSP6000s if you want something larger.  Their amps are class A, and both of these models can be bought for a fraction of their original retail price nowadays.
I love my meridian dsp8000se. Even semi active will often ‘fix the problem many floor standers have because the bass will offer some adjustability. There are some good threads on this forum that describe active, semi active and active dsp in detail and explain the advantages and disadvantages. My Meridians, for example, the display on the master speaker failed and i can’t use them at all until they’re repaired. 
Post removed 
Fiesta 75
It makes so much sense to take all that wire and inductors out of the signal flow to the speakers.  With so much focus on speaker cables, I wonder how many people realize how much wire is part of a large air core inductor used for LF crossovers?  Then all that after the amplifier at speaker level? That will seem so ancient in 20 years time.  And yes, no reason you cannot use your own amps if you can get the crossover right and the power right..    
Brad