Power cord choice?

Hoping to change (or upgrade) my current PC in use with my ARC CD3 Mk2. Currently I'm using a Locus Designs Polestar and setting a limit $600 max. I'd like to find a cord that can get more micro details from the ARC yet, I'd like to retain the smoothness but, try to open the sound stage and get a little more bottom in doing so. I listen to Alt rock (Sir Sly, The Killers, Gargage), rock, blues using Classe CAP 151 integrated and Apogee Slant 6s. I know this is subjective but, I'm also doing my best to work with my budget constraints and I'm not going to change if the improvement would just be slightly incremental. I'd like suggestions to consider, please.
rsjm80
A good power conditioner may improve the sound of your system, it may not… it may have a negative impact. As is nearly always the answer, it depends. It will depend on your power grid and system. Some people do best without. Just to retest mine, I took mine out and used a Cardas power distributor…only took a couple minutes to put my power conditioner back in. 

ghdprentice
515 posts
07-24-2021 4:40pm
"A good power conditioner may improve the sound of your system, it may not… it may have a negative impact. As is nearly always the answer, it depends. It will depend on your power grid and system. Some people do best without. Just to retest mine, I took mine out and used a Cardas power distributor…only took a couple minutes to put my power conditioner back in."

If a power conditioner has a negative effect on sound. then it's not a GOOD one. An example would be a series-mode surge suppression/conditioner that doesn't use Power Factor (energy reserve) technology. The result would be reduced dynamics and bass impact due to dynamic current-starving of a power amp.
I’ve always made my own; using 16/3 old-fashion style fabric covered cable, hospital grade plugs & locking IEC  connectors. While I’ll readily admit I can’t hear any differences between mine and the stock ones; mine definitely are a lot more attractive!  And the materials are quite reasonable in cost. 
Signal Projects power cables are relatively unknown but are very impressive in terms of performance. I just got their Atlantis power cable and I was actually very surprised how much tighter and detailed all genres sounded. Soundstage was also noticeably better.
Signal Projects also service a very wide price range with all of their different families. For your budget I would go with either the Monitor or the Lynx power cables.
I tried different PC, didn't here anything earth shattering. The most expensive being synergetics blue. I then tried audio quest tornado and monsoon. Kept the monsoons for my 3 Amplifier's. They fit the best in my Parasound amps. All other PC are audio quest paid for with points from Amazon.