Vibration - What are the Main Sources?

A current thread discussing the best tweaks gave consistently high ranking for component isolation. I am curious to know where all the vibration is coming from that we are addressing with isolation. I understand that high volume listening can create significant vibration, but for the sake of this discussion let's assume we are listening at moderate levels. Can the vibrations from moderate sound levels affect the quality of sound? Are there other common significant sources of vibration that we are guarding against that can dramatically affect sound?
zlone
Millercarbon,

Do you honestly believe that I, and the others named on whatever letter you’ve received from some nut case had anything at all to do with it??!!
Just because said nut case decided to use our user names, you truly believe that we all somehow got together and conspired to threaten you?? You truly believe that enough to print our user names on this thread as if we did??! Good God man, think a little.
Get a grip. I had zero, and I mean ZERO to do with whatever it is you received. Yeah, we’ve all nothing better to do with our time than to forge a secret cabal against you. You are that ingrained in our lives. Ridiculous.
I appreciate this thread; I started the one discussing the best tweaks. Some there argued that the tweaks couldn’t be ranked; I suppose some will claim that here about isolation. This makes a certain kind of sense, if they’re all additive to affecting the sound, but someone who has limited time or budget would ask the smart question the OP did here, namely, "where all the vibration is coming from that we are addressing with isolation." In other words, what should be addressed, first, and on what is money best spent?

Regarding the question "Can the vibrations from moderate sound levels affect the quality of sound?" there is an unspoken and crucial additional question, "Under what conditions -- room, equipment, and listener abilities" is there an effect? Because this is similar to the question, "Can moderate amounts of salt affect the quality of the taste?" The answer will depend on what someone can notice and how they taste. Some people are trained to savor food, to look for certain attributes, etc. To them, it’s easy to notice "too much salt." Others are less sensitized or they don’t care that much; their focus is elsewhere.

In other words, vibration control is like salt control — it’s hard to measure without specific metrics for user experience and for the preferences of a specific user. The fact these elements are not regular parts of these posts lead to all kinds of disagreements. Pie fight! It's fun, but essentially it comes about because someone has asked too imprecise a question (perhaps unwittingly) and then been dissatisfied with the answers. Whereas others have taken the imprecision of the question as some kind of trap set for the gullible. Bar fight!

And of course if we are talking about adding too much salt by two, three grains, then the whole topic becomes absurd. Some measure of minima sensibilia must be provided to discuss differences.

This is why the concrete floor issue is a hard one for me. I have concrete floors under my gear. And I realize that concrete can transmit vibration of people walking around the speaker. But when I listen, no one is in the room and no one is walking around. The Townshend demonstration about people walking around is, for me, a red herring. It doesn’t dissuade me that there’s something good happening with the products, but the walking example doesn’t help me.
@hilde45 - have you tired isolation springs? Like even the inexpensive Nobosound type? I have a concrete slab under my system, which is all on springs.

@oldhvymec

So, "No it’s not complex" in your second sentence, and "Complex yes" in your last sentence. Who can argue with that?

Guess you’re prepared to explain electronic oscillation? Those dumb engineers using complex numbers - what a bunch of dummies. Or maybe you could simplify Cox and D’Antonio (Acoustic Absorbers and Diffusers) down to a few sentences? Or how about the modes of vibration in a square sheet, and what to do about it (without differential equations, of course)?

I’m in awe, Oldhvymec.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh no it's to way to complex for me. As for the rest of the mumbo jumbo your blathering. Equate this.. Be quiet you might learn something..

My oscillator tells me your education has limited your ability to understand the simplest of things..

Life is very easy, folks like you just make it "difficult". Engineer that bucko! As far as dummies, yea I've worked with a few engineers that were really intelligent, they always listen to the ol mechanic IF they want to learn.

Now if we want to see what YOU'VE read, applied and is a tried and true method, WITHOUT the impressive mumbo jumbo verbiage "I'M an Engineer" chest thumpin'" crap. TRY that approach other than implying WE'RE to FU@KIN' stupid to understand. BUT you some how did..

Complex numbers.. LOL you just can't help yourself.. Most folks use their toes TOO, DUMMY. I know you won a local science fair in the 4th grade, it's been down hill ever since.

"I'm in AWE", good I do that to people, often from what I hear.

If there were any insults implied or otherwise that I may have missed, may I return them to the person they came from.. My plate is way to full of wonderful compliments, no room for jealousy ..

Please WASH your hand before leaving the Doctors office, you've gotten your first vaccination for "I'm smarter than you complex". Hopefully it takes..
MC provides good information as usual. But what is he talking about in the rest of his comments? Airing personal grievances, paranoia? It has nothing to do with the subject matter in this thread.

Anybody else confused and tired of reading it throughout the forum?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You’re doing great MC. If I got a beef, your the first to know it, not the last.

What's the deal with the letter to the work place or board of whatever. WTF that ain't cool AT ALL!!

I’m not confused and I’m not tired of reading it on the forums. Consistency counts!!

SPRINGS work, period.. It Smears NOTHING.. Try it.. It’s very inexpensive. One up from there is to dampen the spring itself spray them with a flexible coating or insert a gummy puffer inside the spring. One up from there is to dampen the top and base on either end of the spring, (a pod). This is not NEW, it has been around a LONG LONG time.

Horse and buggy and blacksmith come to mind..

It’s just been refined to use (with great success) on stereo gear.. The information has been out there for a long time. The way they look cost money... They way they work cost some money. :-)

Regards