any suggestions on what to replace Bluesound Node 2i with

I am doing a major upgrade on my home theater system. I want to upgrade my streamer. I can spend around $4500 if I have to. My dealer played a Lumin T2 and the music, Tidal, sounded amazing. He said I would be okay with the D2 if I wanted to save money
Any one have any experience with the the Lumin's. I am open to other streamers, it does not have to be Lumin. Thanks 
galleybob
OP,

Earlier in this thread, it was posted that a reviewer posted (elsewhere) a list of  his servers recs at price points as follows:

1. Bluesound Node 2i ($550)
2. Innuos Zen Mini ($1400)
3. Innuos Zen MK3 ($2850)
4. Metronome DSS ($4200)

I can only relay to you my experience with the Zenith MK3 I’ve used for 6 months now.  It is my only source.  Qobuz.

I researched streaming quite thoroughly for a good three years—even speaking privately with a reviewer friend who has heard many well regarded streamers.  Part of the wait was me struggling with not only which one to buy but how much it was necessary to spend for me to be thrilled for the long haul.  I keep gear a long time but that is only possible if it performs beautifully and is a pleasure to use.  If I ever choose poorly, I will cut my losses and move on.  Not happened yet, thankfully.

But, two days ago, I heard a unit that a person employing a bit of hyperbole could say, “made mine sound broken”.  With zero exaggeration, however, such a delta in sound SQ would cost a lot.   Maybe as much as 50% more than my Zenith—considering the roughly $1350 or 50% price between Zen3 and Zenith3.  I’ve not heard the Zen, so I don’t really know the difference in SQ v Zenith.

The superior SQ was delivered by my own Zenith after installing the new Innuos Sense App to use instead of Roon.  On my system it is nothing short of gobsmacking.  Thrilled is an understatement.  

This tells me streamers/servers certainly can sound different or better.  Anytime prior to installing Innuos Sense had I done and in-home trial of a unit that sounds like mine does now,  I would have admitted the unit is superior to mine.  Period.  Not a close call.  Not subtle.  So, does the Metromme or Aurender or Lumin or Wolf or…..
unit at a similar price $4200-ish) sound as good or better than what I have now?  I wouldn’t know.  But you can….with seem effort.  Or you can go with the one you think is the best fit, like I did—if auditions are not accessible.  Some dealers would allow a MBG.  With no restocking fee.

So, shop your choices based on factors that matter to you.  I wanted appliance-like (simple to use), on-board ripping and storage with no DAC, along with top notch SQ.  Many other philes have much different priorities, but I assume all want SQ and a company committed to a long term relationship with customers.  I’ve listened to 3 podcast interviews of Nuno, a founding partner and design head.  Innuos seems to be very customer focused—expecting to have to earn long-term customer loyalty by offering stellar products.

I could not be happier.  But to contradict that statement, I actually will be even happier when I learn Sense better and certain features are added that don’t seem to be there now.

Good luck.  PM me if you have any questions.

Forgot: Absolutely no financial or any connection to Innuos. Just a happy customer. Should go without saying, but….