Spring-Loaded Screw Turns Drywall Into Sound-Absorbing Panels

This looks promising for a 9db reduction in sound escape in homes.

Apparently the spring loaded screw acts as a dampener of sound vibrations that hit a regular dry-wall.In principle, the screw is split in the middle with a spring placed inside. The screw tip goes into the wooden joist, the head holds the plasterboard in place and in between a thin resilient mechanical coupling that prevents the sound waves from advancing is formed.

They have patents and are looking for mass production.https://www.akoustos.se/

I’d certainly consider it for renovations and new builds.
blooloo
ivan_nosnibor
I think I saw where they spec’d, for "steel studs"

Not with the center self countersinking head just under the spring. That’s for a wooden joist, stud or noggin

Cheers George
Hello,
I don’t think this is a good idea. Drywall already has this kind of property. They already have the green glue and it just works a little. Take on the reflection points with room treatments and then work on the bass. That is the most important. 
I hate to respond so far down a thread but this one is too silly to ignore.

Screws don't absorb sound energy. Screws don't impart the ability for an underlying material to absorb sound energy. All screws can do is anchor an underlying material and inhibit vibration; in this example to the wood framing supporting the drywall. Wood framing doesn't absorb sound energy (much) either but can make an effective diffuser IF you use enough wood and if you don't have drywall in the way.

@optimize - 

A room must ABSOLUTELY BE COMPLETELY DEAD in order to NOT distort the recorded signal.  ANY room contribution to the sound is a distortion.

Anything other than a DEAD room will distort the sound.  Absorbers, diffusers and the like need to be strategically placed in the room to deaden it.  

A room must ABSOLUTELY BE COMPLETELY DEAD in order to NOT distort the recorded signal. ANY room contribution to the sound is a distortion.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No thanks, MUST absolutely be WHAT?

You ever been in a room like that? Maybe a speaker test or two, but to listen in a room like that.. Forget it.. You’re WAY off fella.. Horrible at best.. DEAD really does describe that type of sound.. It SUCKS...

NO room is a much better idea that THAT room.. Just sayin' :-)

Regards