Spring-Loaded Screw Turns Drywall Into Sound-Absorbing Panels

This looks promising for a 9db reduction in sound escape in homes.

Apparently the spring loaded screw acts as a dampener of sound vibrations that hit a regular dry-wall.In principle, the screw is split in the middle with a spring placed inside. The screw tip goes into the wooden joist, the head holds the plasterboard in place and in between a thin resilient mechanical coupling that prevents the sound waves from advancing is formed.

They have patents and are looking for mass production.https://www.akoustos.se/

I’d certainly consider it for renovations and new builds.
blooloo
I’d like to see the screw after it is applied. Its unclear what is taking place but I suspect @ millercarbon & @ oldhvymec have some good points
+1 millercarbon & oldhvymec. Most noise I hear through walls are lower frequencies. Maybe up to 1kHz., not sure.
The only thing i can add is that you could use those for a false wall in front of your existing wall filled with 6 inches of insulation to really deaden the sound a massive amount.
What is holding the drywall in place? Do you tighten it until the head is below the the surface, like a normal DW screw?

It looks like the big threads near the head of the screw bite into the drywall and that is supposed to support the drywall, seems kinda scetchy to me.